Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Gas Burners for boiler

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Matt Stevens 131/08/2021 18:30:45
97 forum posts
11 photos

Hi All,

My 6" diameter vertical boiler is getting ever so close to steaming up! So now i need to turn my attention to fueling it.

Whilst the boiler is fundamentally designed for coal use, i see no reason why i can't use a gas burner in the firebox so its more controllable and cleaner. The inside of the firebox is ~4.75" diameter.

Can anyone recommend a) the right size burner as i am not sure if i need to fill the space or get away with something more modest in size and b) where the best place to purchase from?

I am based in Ontario Canada, but importing is an option if required.

Thanks

Ady131/08/2021 18:44:55
4827 forum posts
724 photos

Also interested in this

Can't ever see myself ever going the coal route for steaming up a unit

Harry Wilkes31/08/2021 20:52:41
1218 forum posts
64 photos

Phil at Forest Classics was a big help to a friend of mine link

https://www.forest-classics.co.uk/

H

Mikelkie31/08/2021 20:58:33
124 forum posts
13 photos

Hi Matt Stevens, check out my photo album for pics of a round gas burner that i made long ago. i'm using it on my vertical boiler also 6 inch in dia. It is quite easy to make in any size and performs well. pm me if more info needed Regards Mike

Matt Stevens 131/08/2021 21:47:49
97 forum posts
11 photos
Posted by Mikelkie on 31/08/2021 20:58:33:

Hi Matt Stevens, check out my photo album for pics of a round gas burner that i made long ago. i'm using it on my vertical boiler also 6 inch in dia. It is quite easy to make in any size and performs well. pm me if more info needed Regards Mike

Thanks Mike - I was hoping for something commercially available but i will not rule out making something if needbe.

Did you do any kind of thread on its making? I see only a couple of pictures there....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
rapid Direct
emcomachinetools
JD Metals
cowells
Warco
walker midge
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest