By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

What is this?

M & W Micrometer

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Grotto31/08/2021 00:29:23
146 forum posts
89 photos

I'm wondering what this tool is called, and what it would be used for?

it's a Moore & Wright micrometer, It measures depth around 100mm +/-.

Ive had it for 30 years plus, can’t recall where it came from.

It looks like you can reduce depth measured using gauge blocks with holes in them.

Depth rod doesn’t appear to be removable.



Edited By Grotto on 31/08/2021 00:33:27

Michael Gilligan31/08/2021 07:54:44
18932 forum posts
943 photos

From this catalogue: **LINK**

Note: it’s a big file



Grotto31/08/2021 21:15:03
146 forum posts
89 photos

Thanks Michael,

I can’t see myself needing to check any turbine bearings in the foreseeable future. Maybe I can repurpose it.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
JD Metals
Eccentric July 5 2018
walker midge
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest