Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Cowells Lathes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Wyatt05/08/2021 11:59:42
18993 forum posts
734 photos
80 articles

Can anyone suggest why, over the last three issues, I have had three wanted ads for Cowells lathes, all specifying they must be in tip-top condition?

All three ads are from different people in different parts of England and appear to be genuine.

What could be driving such interest in these lathes at the moment?

It's a sellers' market...

Neil

JasonB05/08/2021 12:08:07
22588 forum posts
2641 photos
1 articles

Supply not able to keep up with demand? Colin is getting on a bit now so may not be able to knock them out as fast as he used to.

Pete.05/08/2021 12:15:28
796 forum posts
235 photos

Could possibly be people having been put off travelling abroad for their summer holiday spending their holiday money on a new hobby or new machine.

Lock down has created quite a bit more interest in the hobby.

JA05/08/2021 12:30:28
1345 forum posts
80 photos

As mentioned in previous postings, I have recently bought a new Cowells lathe. I ordered it last August bank holiday and was immediately informed that it would be programmed into the production schedule at the end of January. After a small delay due to COVID-19 I received it at the beginning of March.

It is a very good little lathe. You can talk to the company, Colin, and get an immediate response. I am not surprised there is a sellers' market.

JA

Ady105/08/2021 13:15:31
5067 forum posts
734 photos

A Top quality machine fitting into a tiny space always has its uses, and can easily be sold on nowadays

I got my ok example for 250 about 7 years ago, I actually hesitated over it for about a day

The "big money" is in the bits, which mine lacked

A cowells mill I would think would be even more desirable

edit: I wouldn't ever consider selling it because its potentially too useful and decent examples are hard to find

Edited By Ady1 on 05/08/2021 13:17:41

Cornish Jack05/08/2021 14:03:17
1219 forum posts
171 photos

I have both (lathe and mill) and a 'job lot' of accesories. They are decreasingly used, so could be available. The problem, if such it is, is that they are 'cash on collection' ONLY! The lathe is the 14mm x 1.5 version. To avoid any misunderstanding, I have not yet made up my mind to put them up for sale, and, if photos are requested, they will be limited in scope.

rgds

Bill

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Rapid RC
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Dreweatts
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest