Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Dewpoint

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Farmboy20/07/2021 10:28:44
143 forum posts
1 photos

I had an unusual experience travelling home yesterday evening. It was still quite warm so I had the aircon on in the car, but the windscreen was slowly misting up. I increased the fan speed which only made it worse . . . until I realised the misting was on the outside, caused by a combination of the high air temperature and humidity and the chilling of the 'screen by the air conditioning. A burst of warm air from the heater dispersed it quickly, but it's something I have never before experienced in 50 years of driving. Maybe I never had such an efficient air conditioning unit before dont know

Not really model engineering but perhaps a good illustration of the 'dewpoint' effect which causes rust on machines and has been discussed on the forum many times.

Samsaranda20/07/2021 12:35:17
1193 forum posts
5 photos

Just illustrates how humid the weather is currently, it’s certainly very oppressive here in Sussex, we had a thunderstorm last night but it didn’t clear the air much. Dave W

Perko720/07/2021 12:51:40
390 forum posts
31 photos

Reminds me of an overnight coach trip I did many years ago from Brisbane to Sydney. The aircon was so cold that all the windows on the coach were covered with condensation on the outside and it was more than just 'mist', it was running down onto the body panels. And that was at 2AM on a Saturday in September! Australia can have hot humid nights even in early spring.

ChrisB20/07/2021 14:03:04
645 forum posts
207 photos

I get that practically every morning, living on a tiny island the air is inevitably humid almost all year round especially the summer months. Before driving off ac on, wipers on heater on blower and demist max and wait for the coolant temperature to raise!

ChrisB20/07/2021 14:03:05
645 forum posts
207 photos

I get that practically every morning, living on a tiny island the air is inevitably humid almost all year round especially the summer months. Before driving off ac on, wipers on heater on blower and demist max and wait for the coolant temperature to raise!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Dreweatts
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
rapid Direct
walker midge
JD Metals
cowells
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest