Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

SCREWFIX - next day delivery

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
br18/07/2021 20:46:25
697 forum posts
3 photos

Needed wood filler today so contacted Screwfix local branch to collect.

None in stock, waiting stock, but we will arrange despatch from Bridgwater and you will have it tomorrow.

Well pleased for a £10 item.

bill

old mart19/07/2021 21:18:48
3316 forum posts
203 photos

I have an account with them and buy a small ammount of stuff, and only once have they messed up a sale, but they redeemed themselves by texting me very quickly to let me know of their error. The rely on being high quality as most of their buisiness is with the trade, and time is money.

pgk pgk19/07/2021 21:22:01
2298 forum posts
293 photos

Also no quibble with stuff that goes dud. I did use Tool station recently for some PU glue as it was cheaper than screwfix and was delighted to find they are faster from order to pickup than screwfix (and on the same trading estate)

pgk

DiogenesII20/07/2021 09:14:39
301 forum posts
149 photos

So, Bill, did it turn up as promised?

br20/07/2021 12:33:15
697 forum posts
3 photos
Posted by DiogenesII on 20/07/2021 09:14:39:

So, Bill, did it turn up as promised?

Arrived as promised .

Overnight delivery from the main depot at Stoke -on Trent and which is 250 miles away.

Well pleased.

bill

DiogenesII20/07/2021 12:48:08
301 forum posts
149 photos

Fair do's yes

John MC20/07/2021 13:40:30
352 forum posts
40 photos

I too have found Screwfix to be reliable, I've used then from the mail order only days, we now have several shops locally. Been let down once some years ago and got a money off voucher for my next purchase. During lock downs service has been as good as ever.

I would like to say the same about Wickes. Their "click and collect" service was okay. Recently went to the local branch for the first time in over a year only to find stock levels drastically reduced. Tried them online, most of what I want unavailable. Hope they raise there game otherwise I can see them disappearing.

John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
walker midge
Dreweatts
emcomachinetools
JD Metals
cowells
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest