Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Parkside pneumatics

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cornish Jack18/07/2021 18:55:59
1218 forum posts
171 photos

I have a few bits of Parkside pneumatic tools and a compressor with a flexible tubular outlet. The outlet male thread fits some of the items but not the particular vone I want to use. I need a male-to-male threaded metal fitting to use as an adaptor, but I don't know what the threads are. Can anybody advise please -a nd, if possible where to obtainn same.

TIA

rgds

Bill

Howard Lewis18/07/2021 19:12:13
5241 forum posts
13 photos

Son in Law bought a compressor from LIDL.

The tyre inflator failed. The replacement had, as expected, a 1/4 BSP thread.

The continental connector supplied was 12 x 1. Making a simple brass male/female adaptor solved the problem.

Howard

Edited By Howard Lewis on 18/07/2021 19:13:49

Clive Foster18/07/2021 19:32:19
2817 forum posts
101 photos

Bill

Parkside branded tools can be a bit of a mish-mash. The accessory kits and airline proper components are almost always 1/4 BSP. In both taper and parallel versions. Don't expect all of them in any kit to be the same. I have one with kit with lost of useful parts and adapters that has taper males but parallel females. Nice roll of PTFE tape included for obvious reasons.

Threads into tools can be either metric or UNF. If metric 10 or 12 mm in 1 or 1.25 mm pitch. If UNF 7/16 or 1/2 by 20 tpi.

Seems to depend on what the maker had the line set up for. I've seen apparently the same tool offered at different times use different threads for the screw in fitting.

Best to do what Howard did and make an adapter. Getting the factory fitting out is usually hard work. The contact makers have discovered high strength loctite.

Clive

Cornish Jack18/07/2021 23:24:03
1218 forum posts
171 photos

Many thanks, Howard and Clive.

Looks like it's going to be a 'home-brew' adaptor - 10-12.

Clive, you are so right about the removal - I don't know what adhesive they use, but, my word, it's very effective !frown

rgds

Bill

larry phelan 119/07/2021 08:39:27
1079 forum posts
14 photos

It sure is !

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
cowells
JD Metals
emcomachinetools
walker midge
rapid Direct
Dreweatts
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest