Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Walker Midgley Insurance for Model Engineers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin Levers13/07/2021 09:58:25
4 forum posts

Good morning

Just a reminder that Walker Midgley have a Quote & Buy website aimed specifically at Individual Modellers and Model Engineers.

You can obtain an immediate quote for your personal model engineering insurance requirements, such as cover for your models, workshop, public liability etc. You can then buy the policy straight away and have the documents available and emailed to you immediately. This means you can get a quote, buy the cover, amend and renew your policy - all online - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - at your own convenience.

We have tried to make the, website as user friendly as possible, and early feed back has been very positive. If you get stuck or need a helping hand using the online system, please ring the office on 0114 250 2770 and ask for either Tricia, Amanda, Zoe or Paul, and they will be able to assist you, as the online quote system integrates into our system virtually in real time.

The link to the website is as follows:

Walker Midgley Individual Modellers Quote & Buy Website

Of course, if you don't have access to a computer or just wish to talk to us, please ring the office on 0114 2502770, and we will be happy to help.

Martin Levers

Walker Midgley Insurance Brokers

Walker Midgley

Rob McSweeney13/07/2021 14:49:58
58 forum posts

Thanks for the reminder, I had printed out the details last time this came up, but my wife has a tendency to tidy up!

Pete.13/07/2021 21:15:29
625 forum posts
102 photos

How does it work for workshop content? Do people photo log content? Document all tooling they want covered? Or just work out a rough value overall?

duncan webster13/07/2021 21:28:09
3447 forum posts
63 photos

I thought advertising on the forum was banned.

Pete.13/07/2021 21:51:08
625 forum posts
102 photos

I think they've paid as there's an advert on right side of the forum.

JasonB14/07/2021 06:54:45
21307 forum posts
2419 photos
1 articles

As Pete says those who have adverts either in the mags or on the forum are allowed, that is why you get the odd posts from CuP, Meridian, M-DRO, ARC, etc as they help to keep the mags and forum going.

Jon Lawes14/07/2021 18:55:23
635 forum posts

I have messaged them regards some clarification of wording, for example it says that they will only honour a claim if the property is occupied. I'd like to find out if that means being lived in, or actually has people in at the moment of damage or theft... I know it sounds like a daft question but I'd feel more daft if my claim wasn't honoured! More importantly I wanted to know if my workshop is covered as it is remote from my house, but I've yet to hear back.

Martin Levers15/07/2021 08:30:53
4 forum posts
Posted by Pete. on 13/07/2021 21:15:29:

How does it work for workshop content? Do people photo log content? Document all tooling they want covered? Or just work out a rough value overall?

Hi Pete

No, we just need a sum insured for either the Tools & Equipment cover and Workshop machinery. It is advisable for you to keep your own record, photo's, receipts, inventory etc as this can useful in the event of a claim.

Hope this helps.

Martin Levers15/07/2021 08:43:53
4 forum posts
Posted by Jon Lawes on 14/07/2021 18:55:23:

I have messaged them regards some clarification of wording, for example it says that they will only honour a claim if the property is occupied. I'd like to find out if that means being lived in, or actually has people in at the moment of damage or theft... I know it sounds like a daft question but I'd feel more daft if my claim wasn't honoured! More importantly I wanted to know if my workshop is covered as it is remote from my house, but I've yet to hear back.

Hi John

In the Individual Modellers policy, unoccupied is defined as when your building has not been used or occupied by you or by anyone who has your permission, for more than 60 days in a row.

The other question depends on how far the workshop is from your house. If you can contact the office on 0114 2502770, we can get some detail from you, and get this answered for you.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Dreweatts
JD Metals
Warco
walker midge
cowells
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest