By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Availability of a T33 & T34 Myford Change Gears?

Myford Change Gears

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Couling05/06/2021 19:25:40
10 forum posts
9 photos

Hi Guys,

I know this question has been posted previously but with the passage of time, my hope is the situation may have changed and maybe someone can suggest where I can purchase a pair of T33 & T34 change gears for a Myford MLSuper 7?

Many thanks....David

William S05/06/2021 20:00:51
67 forum posts
307 photos

I got my 2 from the “new Myford” at Ali Pali ME exhibition a couple of years ago, so check there website.

Have you found the comprehensive chart of most combinations on the other post about this topic? I think it is on the second page, it’s the best thing I think I have found! The few times I have needed this mod it has been for some really odd stuff that would not otherwise be possible.

Hope that helps

William

old mart05/06/2021 20:08:39
3312 forum posts
203 photos

Looking on ebay regularly under metalwork lathes, I see a large number of Myford gears of all sizes always on sale.

DC31k05/06/2021 20:38:15
554 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by old mart on 05/06/2021 20:08:39:

...a large number of Myford gears of all sizes always on sale.

Unfortunately, he is not looking for a "large number" "of all sizes". He is looking for one gear in each of two specific sizes, 33t and 34t.

Could you point us to a specific eBay seller who currently, or within the last three months, has or had one or both of these in stock. Thanks.

If the OP does not want to cut his own gear, another option might be a 3D printed one. Have a look on Thingiverse as one might exist already, or there will be a program there to produce the file to enable it to be printed.

A second option is to approach an eBay seller, you_engraving. He makes Colchester and Harrison gears in delrin at good prices, and might make you a Myford one.

Pete Rimmer05/06/2021 22:49:12
1043 forum posts
58 photos

I did a batch of 33 and 34T for the myford about a year ago when they were unavailable. I have some still sitting on the shelf if you can't find them elsewhere.

David Couling06/06/2021 00:48:25
10 forum posts
9 photos

Wow....thanks for all of your replies guys. I have searched the various sellers of gears on ebay and not surprisingly these two gears are the ones which are not available.

Pete....I would very much like to take you up on your offer...is it possible for you to PM me please.

Many thanks for all of your inputs...

Cheers

David

Peter Sansom06/06/2021 11:59:12
95 forum posts
2 photos

RDG periodically have stock. I you contact them they will let you know when they are expecting more.

Peter

david homer09/06/2021 23:33:54
30 forum posts

HPC gears are good source of spur gears, not cheap though. I think Myford gears are 20dp or used to be on earlier lathes.You will have to modify the bore to suit your needs they do 33 and 34 tooth.

David

Roderick Jenkins09/06/2021 23:45:04
2122 forum posts
582 photos

Myford change gears are 14.5 degrees pressure angle. Unfortunately HPC only do 20 degrees. sad

Rod

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
rapid Direct
Dreweatts
Eccentric July 5 2018
JD Metals
Warco
emcomachinetools
cowells
walker midge
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest