Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Warco mini lathe

Help please from Warco mini lathe owners

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Rudd25/02/2021 15:55:35
1432 forum posts
9 photos

I have one of the earlier Warco mini lathes that has the digital speed readout panel whereby the speed is set via touch buttons rather than a speed control potentiometer....

It looks like the machine has been tampered with in the past...

So before I start pestering Warco, if there are any owners of a similar machine, could they tell me where is the little speed pick up board secured inside the end housing where the change gears reside?

I can see the slotted disc, but there's nowhere for the opto coupler device to be secured....I cant see how it attaches...

A photo would be a great help...

Many thanks

J.

Edited By John Rudd on 25/02/2021 15:56:30

Ian Johnson 125/02/2021 21:18:27
346 forum posts
98 photos

I think I have the same model John, the one with the USA made main circuit board.

Is this photo any use to you?

20210225_210623.jpg

IanJ

John Rudd25/02/2021 21:35:20
1432 forum posts
9 photos

Ian,

Thanks thats great....Just what I needed.

Do you have any idea on how the buttons work?

I think the green M button switches the motor on, the Red one, off. The two either side cause a change in direction, but what about the + or - buttons...?

Any help appreciated...

Ian Johnson 126/02/2021 00:23:07
346 forum posts
98 photos

Glad to help John.

To turn the motor on you press the spindle rotation buttons either side of the red button (this is the spindle stop button) the left button is forward for normal machining and the right button is reverse. The + and - buttons regulate the spindle speed, you can use these buttons while the machine is running to adjust the revs to suit your job.

I have never used the 'm' button I think it's a 'memory' function, I'll need to look at the manual to be certain. So I wouldn't worry about it.

And there is the big emergency stop button, mine stopped working years ago, couldn't be bothered to fix it, so left it alone because the lathe works just as well without it. So I wouldn't worry about that either!

IanJ

John Rudd26/02/2021 07:58:02
1432 forum posts
9 photos

Ian,

Thats a great help...

Should be able to get the machine running as it should now......👍

Thanks.

John Rudd01/03/2021 16:46:29
1432 forum posts
9 photos

Ian,

I've sent you a pm...

Ian Johnson 101/03/2021 18:05:05
346 forum posts
98 photos

Reply sent John, quite speedy and efficient for me! Must be having a good day!

John Rudd01/03/2021 18:14:17
1432 forum posts
9 photos

Cheers Ian....

Just about sorted it now..

Andy Watson 207/03/2021 21:42:41
1 forum posts

Hi, I have just bought one of these lathes. I'm struggling to work out the speed settings etc. Does anyone have a operator manual for this model-i phoned warco but they didn't seem to know how it works and could only find four pages of the manual to send me. I'm trying to work out if you can preset the start up speed-when the lathe starts it's always at 200 rpm and I have to manually up it by 100 rpm at a time by pressing the speed button, gets a bit tedious having to press button 20 odd times. From time to time the lathe will automatically return to its last speed when switched on........I can't work out what I have done to cause this, but assume the option must be there? Thanks in advance Andy

Ian Johnson 108/03/2021 01:30:21
346 forum posts
98 photos

Hi Andy I have put 4 photos of the manual for this lathe in my photo album, under warco mini lathe, from a request from John. they explain the function buttons and how to use the 'M' button. Little bit of chinese English to wade through, but John worked it out okay.

I still haven't used the 'm' function yet! My machine always starts at the last speed used, no need to keep pressing the speed buttons, you may have inadvertently pressed the memory function by mistake.

I have the manual, if you need more info I can take some photos of the relevant pages.

IanJ

John Rudd08/03/2021 08:19:46
1432 forum posts
9 photos

Hope this of use....WM180.jpeg

John Rudd08/03/2021 08:20:55
1432 forum posts
9 photos

There is an error....

The default M display is 0 not 1 as written...showing spindle speed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
JD Metals
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
cowells
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest