Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Drive Belt for Warco WM250

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tom Bickford29/09/2020 00:30:28
2 forum posts

Hi all,

So I am finally getting around to converting my Warco WM250 to 3ph. However, I am stuck as to which belt to select.

I wish to use a taper lock pulley for ease, but most appear to be for Z or SPZ belts, whereas the lathe takes 5mm wide polyflex type belts (as far as I can tell).

Can anyone recommend a taper lock pulley and/or belt that would be suitable, please?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

Bo'sun29/09/2020 09:10:44
197 forum posts

Hi Tom,

Try contacting someone like "Fenner" direct, or maybe a local power transmission component supplier.

Niels Abildgaard29/09/2020 10:19:32
334 forum posts
123 photos

The way I did it some time ago

WM250 Three phase

The way I will do it in future

Lathe with sewing machine motor

Tom Bickford30/09/2020 13:06:52
2 forum posts

Thank you, chaps. I had rather hoped for an off the shelf solution, which I suppose Fenner may have.

Neils, I like what you did with your 250. Shame the Warco version doesn't have the holes in the back of the bed for the motor.

Niels Abildgaard30/09/2020 17:11:03
334 forum posts
123 photos

To drill and tap 4 M8 holes more or less as shown in the cheap and lousy chineese cast iron bed is not a sin like schratching a Myford or Boxford will be.

The intermidiate aluminium disk was some leftover from windmill manufacture and is more usefull on my lathe.

The beauty of Fenner Powertwist belts are that they can be rolled on the two disc sheaves without harm.

When loosing grip with wear or time it is easy to remove one link.

If You roll over the slim Gates 5M belt it is hurt.The beauty of the Gates 5M is that it will go round 28mm where the powertwist Z is not really well below 60mm diameter.

wp_20200930_001[1].jpg

Niels Abildgaard30/09/2020 18:02:16
334 forum posts
123 photos

Another picture of WM250 homemade belting

wp_20200923_002[1].jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
EngineDIY
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest