Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Moving Photos

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Purdy25/09/2020 23:42:13
211 forum posts
74 photos

Is there any way to move photos from a current album to a new one, short of reloading them into the new one and deleting them from the old one?

John

Paul Lousick26/09/2020 07:31:19
1537 forum posts
578 photos

Hi John, no one has answered you so will advise what I know (someone please correct me if wrong).

I think that only an administrator can move photos. Similarly with posts when the edit option expires. You can however download photos from your album to your computer if you dont have a copy but only one at a time. You can upload multiple photos in one operation.

You can't delete photos in an older post but can copy and paste them into a new post.

Paul.

JasonB26/09/2020 07:38:05
18819 forum posts
2065 photos
1 articles

The biggest problem if you start to delete or move photos is that they will not have the same url as when uploaded they are given two unique numbers, one relating to the album and the other to the individual image so any that have already been used in posts will no longer be visible so I would ask that you reload rather than move/delete.

If it is just a case of housekeeping then you can change the album title which would better describe the contents of yours as it has more than just the title engine in it. Then as you start another model create an individual album for each.

There is no "move" option for either members or moderators when it comes to photos

Edited By JasonB on 26/09/2020 07:46:34

John Purdy26/09/2020 18:55:20
211 forum posts
74 photos

Jason

Thanks for your reply. From looking around that is what I thought, there is no way to move pictures from one album to another. The reason for the question was, as you suggest, a case of housekeeping, to create individual albums for each subject, as currently everything is under Wyvern. I have all the pictures so I'll sit down and make some new albums upload the pictures and delete the ones in Wyvern. Thanks

John

Edited By John Purdy on 26/09/2020 18:56:40

Neil Wyatt26/09/2020 19:15:05
18221 forum posts
714 photos
77 articles

The reason you can't move images is that it would 'break' any posts that the images have been embedded in.

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
EngineDIY
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest