Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

MT4-ER32 Collet Chuck?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bo'sun26/08/2020 10:35:09
202 forum posts

Good morning,

I'm looking for an MT4-ER32 Collet Chuck. There are some very cheap ones from China, which I am unsurprisingly, a little wary of, and a couple from CNC tooling providers. The later have longer gauge lengths (75mm) than I would like. Around 60mm would be preferable. I've tried the usual suspects like ARC, Chronos & RDG, but without success.

Any suggestions of anyone else I could try? Many thanks.

John Hinkley26/08/2020 11:42:17
950 forum posts
325 photos

Nothing wrong with the ER collet chucks that I've bought from China, at least for the sort of tolerances which I can achieve or need. Rotagrip have one in their catalogue but are out of stock at the moment. (Waiting for a delivery from China?)  Cutwel also list a Bison one but make sure that you're sitting down before you look at the price! Doubtless there are others if you keep looking.

John

edited for spelling

Edited By John Hinkley on 26/08/2020 11:43:41

Bo'sun26/08/2020 11:57:58
202 forum posts

Thanks John,

Maybe the ones "direct" from China are OK, but they are just so stupidly cheap. Yes, Cutwell at over £100 is a bit steep, but perhaps you get what you pay for. Milo also do one at a reasonable cost, but I'd like a shorter gauge length.

Barrie Lever26/08/2020 12:07:00
688 forum posts
76 photos

Bo'sun

I buy my collet chucks from this company.

**LINK**

With 65mm gauge length.

A bit expensive, the ones that I buy which are INT 30 are only a bit over £50.00 each.

I guarantee that you will be entirely satisfied with every aspect of the collet chuck from Kemmler, quality is past your highest expectations and once you buy from them you are likely to buy again.

Jason allows links to this company.

Regards

Barrie

Emgee26/08/2020 12:47:27
1713 forum posts
227 photos

Barrie

Add the carriage charge and VAT total cost will be close to £200, that's OTT IMO even for a quality item that you are sure to be happy with. £50 each for INT 30 ER collet chuck is reasonable for a quality holder.

Emgee

Barrie Lever26/08/2020 13:07:12
688 forum posts
76 photos

Marcus

Yes the pricing with Kemmler is a bit all over the place, I agree with you.

However it is great gear, available and close to the right gauge length as per Bo'suns request, on that basis I thought that the option was worth presenting.

I will say that Bo'sun will not be disappointed, now if only Kemmler made some recessed short gauge length collet holders like the EMCO's.

B.

Bo'sun26/08/2020 13:22:47
202 forum posts

Thanks Guys,

Yes, £200 is at the high end of the price bracket, but if it's a quality (always subjective) item, and I can get the gauge length down, maybe that's the way I need to go.

Bo'sun28/08/2020 16:36:15
202 forum posts

Just a quick update.

Bought one from Amadeal, and yes, I know there's been some problems with machines from them, but likely no more than other companies that sell Chinese machines. It was £39.00 with a gauge length of only 54mm (and I checked how they were measuring it). So I had to give it a go. As they say "the proof of the pudding". I'll update the post and let you know how it works out.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
EngineDIY
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest