Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Taking a pair of wire cutters to a standard baseball cap

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rik Shaw05/08/2020 17:35:12
1353 forum posts
368 photos

Small minds? Can't argue with you there! smile p

I'm a great fan of the knotted handkerchief especially when worn with braces over ones pullover.

Rik

Sam Stones05/08/2020 20:08:20
764 forum posts
304 photos

How's this for coincidence?

One of Big Clive's ...

**LINK**

Keep safe,

Sam

Danny M2Z05/08/2020 20:50:41
892 forum posts
283 photos
Posted by Mike Poole on 05/08/2020 12:36:50:

Wearing of a school cap was enforced at my school and a snood when I was an apprentice in the machine shops. I do not like wearing a hat but it is preferable to a burnt head so a panama and RayBans combat the sun, staying in the shade or indoors is my preference.

I was once reported to the headmaster of Parminter's Grammar School (Bethnal Green) for failing to wear my school cap on a 253 bus to Hackney. We had a lecture at school assembly about wearing our caps in public.

Martin Kyte05/08/2020 22:25:33
2013 forum posts
36 photos

Early lesson in sheet work, putting a bend in sheet material creates stiffning.

Grasp cap in fist such that peak is forced into a tight curve. Wack school freind on head with cap creating a satisfying thwap noise. Run away quick.

Great fun school caps.

regards Martin

Mike Poole05/08/2020 23:10:03
2696 forum posts
64 photos
Posted by Danny M2Z on 05/08/2020 20:50:41:
Posted by Mike Poole on 05/08/2020 12:36:50:

Wearing of a school cap was enforced at my school and a snood when I was an apprentice in the machine shops. I do not like wearing a hat but it is preferable to a burnt head so a panama and RayBans combat the sun, staying in the shade or indoors is my preference.

I was once reported to the headmaster of Parminter's Grammar School (Bethnal Green) for failing to wear my school cap on a 253 bus to Hackney. We had a lecture at school assembly about wearing our caps in public.

We had the lectures that we represented the school while in uniform which certainly put a damper on getting up to no good after school. I cycled to school and was adept at getting my cap out of my pocket and putting it on my head as I got near enough to school to be spotted by the masters who used the bus to get to school. The peak fitted nicely inside the cap so that it could be stowed nearly flat in your blazer pocket ready for action if required.

Mike

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
EngineDIY
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
emcomachinetools
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest