Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

SX1 Mill Motor Shaft

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nick Clarke 308/07/2020 20:26:08
812 forum posts
28 photos

I have seen many comments on the internet regarding the gears in a Sieg SX1 mill stripping gears.

I know they are readily available from suppliers, but I am looking at the opeion of converting to belt drive, should I need to.

So, no urgency as for a small machine it still amazes me by what it can do, but because I would like to have a design schemed out should I need it, Does anyone know the diameter of the shaft on the motor?

I accept I could take it to pieces, but I am loathe to do so, while it is working so well. (If you suggest it is idleness you know me far too well!)

Hopefully honesty and my self awareness may overcome people's opinions of my downright cheek!

If you can help, Thanks,

Nick

JasonB08/07/2020 20:28:28
18318 forum posts
2024 photos
1 articles

You don't need to look far

Nick Clarke 308/07/2020 20:45:20
812 forum posts
28 photos

As I did not think knowing the size of the shaft would be necessary when ordering a spare part I did not even consider that it might be listed in the description on the ARC website.

So thank you Jason - problem solved (and also thank you to Ketan for putting unnecessary, but highly useful information on the company website)

Thanks

James Dickie08/07/2020 21:02:18
10 forum posts
3 photos

If you would like an easy route to a belt drive conversion, then I can highly recommend this one:

**LINK**

The one I purchased was delivered very quickly, the parts are very well made, fit perfectly to the machine and everything works very well. Having a push button lock for the spindle makes life much easier too. The only tricky bit is building a new box for the control board, but you'll have to figure that out anyway if you do your own thing.

I've no connection with the supplier of this kit, just a satisfied customer.

Nick Clarke 308/07/2020 21:24:14
812 forum posts
28 photos
Posted by James Dickie on 08/07/2020 21:02:18:

If you would like an easy route to a belt drive conversion, then I can highly recommend this one:

**LINK**

The one I purchased was delivered very quickly, the parts are very well made, fit perfectly to the machine and everything works very well. Having a push button lock for the spindle makes life much easier too. The only tricky bit is building a new box for the control board, but you'll have to figure that out anyway if you do your own thing.

Thanks, useful

Nick

Nick Clarke 308/07/2020 21:24:14
812 forum posts
28 photos

**LINK**

Thanks, useful

Nick

Michael Cox 108/07/2020 23:23:57
532 forum posts
27 photos

I did my own belt drive conversion, see:

**LINK**

I hope this helps.

Mike

Danny M2Z09/07/2020 04:53:32
870 forum posts
283 photos

**LINK**

That's quite a useful linky as they also offer conversion kits for other mills (such as my X2).

Thank's for that.

* Danny M *

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Allendale Electronics
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
cowells
EngineDIY
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest