Overseas Distribution to restart

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
JasonB14/10/2020 09:42:43
19127 forum posts
2105 photos
1 articles

I view it on W10

Pocketmags explains the simple setup for windows when viewing new subscription issues BUT DON'T subscribe direct with them as you only get the digital archive by signing up with MTM. Old archive issues are viewed via your browser.

peezee14/10/2020 17:52:57
2 forum posts

Jason,

Thanks for your input, however I'm only reporting what the reply from the publisher said, one copy only as compensation for missing 6 ME and 2 MEW.

From their e-mail response yesterday

I have extended your subscription copy entitlement by 1. As a result of this free extension, your next payment has been pushed back until 08/06/2021.

By accepting funds in advance of fulfillment there is essentially an obligation to provide the goods in satisfaction of that [unspoken] contract. In the case of electing not to [in this case]and without consultation it is reasonable to expect the number of copies covered by the advance payment to be honoured.

It is a very great pity that nothing was put in place to put aside the delayed copies for later delivery.

My 2 pence worth.

PeeZee

JasonB14/10/2020 18:35:40
19127 forum posts
2105 photos
1 articles

PeeZee I'll get Neil to look into this as like everybody else affected you should have got your subs extended to cover the 6 ME and 2 MEW issues.

Neil Wyatt14/10/2020 19:59:23
18322 forum posts
718 photos
77 articles
Posted by peezee on 14/10/2020 17:52:57:

Jason,

Thanks for your input, however I'm only reporting what the reply from the publisher said, one copy only as compensation for missing 6 ME and 2 MEW.

From their e-mail response yesterday

I have extended your subscription copy entitlement by 1. As a result of this free extension, your next payment has been pushed back until 08/06/2021.

By accepting funds in advance of fulfillment there is essentially an obligation to provide the goods in satisfaction of that [unspoken] contract. In the case of electing not to [in this case]and without consultation it is reasonable to expect the number of copies covered by the advance payment to be honoured.

It is a very great pity that nothing was put in place to put aside the delayed copies for later delivery.

My 2 pence worth.

PeeZee

Hi Paul,

You should have received an email some time ago notifying you of the interruption and clearly stating that your subscription would be extended to compensate for all copies missed, i.e. that you will automatically receive the full 13/26 issues as well as archive access.

If they say your subscription has been extended by 1 issue, I would expect this to be on top of this automatic extension, but it's possible there has been a misunderstanding..

If you are unsure, drop me an email neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com with your subscription details and I will ask someone to check for you.

Neil

Neil Wyatt14/10/2020 20:03:00
18322 forum posts
718 photos
77 articles
Posted by Gerard O'Toole on 14/10/2020 07:53:45:
Posted by JasonB on 14/10/2020 07:06:46:

.... you can use a tablet or PC or even a large screen smart TV .....

Jason, I have tried to take out a Digitial subscription bit the website says only for IOS and Android. Can you clarify if it is available for Windows 10.

Thanks

G

Hi Gerard,

The pocketmags app works with W8.2 and W10:

www.model-engineer.co.uk/editorial/page.asp?p=1334

"PC For Windows 8.2 and Windows 10 follow the steps as for Mac. Please note Pocketmags reader does not work on earlier versions of Windows."

You can also access pocketmags subscriptions through their web interface, but this doesn't allow downloading of copies for offline reading.

Neil

Neil Wyatt14/10/2020 20:13:35
18322 forum posts
718 photos
77 articles
Posted by Jeff Dayman on 13/10/2020 21:23:24:

Just FYI Here in Canada I have received several UK edited and printed magazines (not ME or MEW) I subscribe to, continuously without interruption, throughout the pandemic. In fact I received the November issue of Engineering in Miniature just today, and a motorcycle mag last week, by mail from UK.

My local bookstore, where I bought ME and MEW for years, pre-Covid, has had no ME or MEW mags since February 2020.

Hi Jeff,

We have a much larger overseas distribution than EiM. We rely on an international distribution system, rather than putting overseas issues in the post. This distribution effectively fell apart at the beginning of the crisis, and basically we lost our whole overseas distribution.

Believe me this has hit MTM as hard as our readers, losing thousands of overseas newsagent sales (we normally print more issues for newtrade export than for UK newstrade!) and having to extend thousands of overseas subscriptions (meaning people will renew later and risking losing readers) is definitely not something we would have allowed to happed if their was any practical alternative for us. We also lost overseas advertisers (as you might expect) and some UK advertisers suspended advertising largely due to problems with restocking.

Unfortunately these interruptions have led to some titles (e.g. Model Collector) closing completely. At least MEW and ME have survived so far!

I'm not pleading for sympathy, but I hope readers can accept that we too have been victims of the pandemic's effects and that while there might be things we would do differently second time around, we did do our very best to keep things going.

Neil

Gerard O'Toole15/10/2020 18:25:25
90 forum posts
7 photos
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 14/10/2020 20:03:00:
Posted by Gerard O'Toole on 14/10/2020 07:53:45:
Posted by JasonB on 14/10/2020 07:06:46:

.... you can use a tablet or PC or even a large screen smart TV .....

Jason, I have tried to take out a Digitial subscription bit the website says only for IOS and Android. Can you clarify if it is available for Windows 10.

Thanks

G

Hi Gerard,

The pocketmags app works with W8.2 and W10:

www.model-engineer.co.uk/editorial/page.asp?p=1334

"PC For Windows 8.2 and Windows 10 follow the steps as for Mac. Please note Pocketmags reader does not work on earlier versions of Windows."

You can also access pocketmags subscriptions through their web interface, but this doesn't allow downloading of copies for offline reading.

Neil

Thanks Neil, Jason

I will download asap

regards

g

Gerard O'Toole17/10/2020 09:38:27
90 forum posts
7 photos

Hi Neil, Jason,

I havee done all that, money has been taken from my account, but it still says i have no subscription.

I wonder can you help please?

gerard

JasonB17/10/2020 10:09:23
19127 forum posts
2105 photos
1 articles

Gerard at the moment you are showing as having a Print only subscription to MEW, if you have only upgraded to digital in the last 24hrs it may take a day or two to become active.

Gerard O'Toole20/10/2020 08:28:12
90 forum posts
7 photos
Posted by JasonB on 17/10/2020 10:09:23:

Gerard at the moment you are showing as having a Print only subscription to MEW, if you have only upgraded to digital in the last 24hrs it may take a day or two to become active.

I know i am showing as having an (expired) print only subscription. But I have paid for a digital subscription and it is not showing up. I have emailed to help@me.secureorder.co.uk but only received a generic reply with , strangely, a warning not to email again! So there is nowhere I can raise it other than here on the forum.

Any help would be appreciated

gerard

JasonB20/10/2020 10:11:17
19127 forum posts
2105 photos
1 articles

Try entering your new subscription number rather than leaving the old one there.

Gerard O'Toole20/10/2020 13:54:45
90 forum posts
7 photos
Posted by JasonB on 20/10/2020 10:11:17:

Try entering your new subscription number rather than leaving the old one there.

I have no new subscription number. That is the problem,

JasonB20/10/2020 14:11:32
19127 forum posts
2105 photos
1 articles

Have you looked at your account here (very top of page "your account" ) or if you have not set one up then do so using the same e-mail address you used when taking out the subscription and it should show your subs number which can then be entered onto the forum for digital access.

Also check your spam folder as the confirmation e-mail with subs number may have gone there.

Gerard O'Toole21/10/2020 06:48:43
90 forum posts
7 photos
Posted by JasonB on 20/10/2020 14:11:32:

Have you looked at your account here (very top of page "your account" ) or if you have not set one up then do so using the same e-mail address you used when taking out the subscription and it should show your subs number which can then be entered onto the forum for digital access.

Also check your spam folder as the confirmation e-mail with subs number may have gone there.

As you said in your first reply to me, the system only shows the expired print edition.

Perhaps best to cancel and refund me if you cannot fix it

JasonB21/10/2020 07:18:37
19127 forum posts
2105 photos
1 articles

Gerard, I'm only a voluntary forum Moderator and can't do much in the way of Subscriptions but was just trying to help.

The system I can see your subs number on is the forum one that you would have entered, I cannot see any others so that is why I asked if you had setup that second subscription account not the forum account. Can you confirm if "the system" you mention is the link I posted yesterday or the one you get to from settings at the top of this page as they are separate?

Gerard O'Toole21/10/2020 07:43:30
90 forum posts
7 photos

No problem Jason, not trying to blame you.

I was only posting here because the only email i received from subcription site says "Please try to avoid emailing us again unless it’s regarding a new issue as this may cause further delays".

There is no problem or urgency, I will try again next week if it is not resolved in the meantime.

Jason, Thanks for your time

gerard

JasonB21/10/2020 08:15:01
19127 forum posts
2105 photos
1 articles

That e-mail would have been from you querying the problem. There should be another with confirmation and subs number that can end up in spam. Also as I said earlier it can take a day or so particularly if over a weekend as manual input is needed from part time staff but would have thought you should have got something by now. I have emailed editor Neil to see if he can sort it

Neil Wyatt21/10/2020 20:20:32
18322 forum posts
718 photos
77 articles
Posted by Gerard O'Toole on 20/10/2020 08:28:12:
Posted by JasonB on 17/10/2020 10:09:23:

I know i am showing as having an (expired) print only subscription. But I have paid for a digital subscription and it is not showing up. I have emailed to help@me.secureorder.co.uk but only received a generic reply with , strangely, a warning not to email again! So there is nowhere I can raise it other than here on the forum.

Any help would be appreciated

gerard

Hello Gerard,

A digital subscription won't update on the system here for a few days as the payment gets processed.

You should receive a new number for the digital subscription by email which you will need to enter in your profile to view the archive. It will also give you access to your subscription issues through pocketmags.

If this doesn't sort itself over the next day or two, please email me with your details and I will ask someone to look into the issue for you.

neil.wyatt@mytimemedia.com

Thanks for your patience,

Neil

Simon Collier29/10/2020 21:00:17
375 forum posts
56 photos

I would like to thank a very kind member who sent me the 6 missing issues that were never sent to overseas subscribers, to complete my collection. He did not want even the postage.

Yesterday I had three issues of ME in the letterbox plus the Nov- Dec AME, so in a couple of days I received 10 model engineering magazines to read!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
EngineDIY
ChesterUK
Warco
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest