Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Churchill Cub lathe

Restoration

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brian Wood16/05/2020 17:09:33
2272 forum posts
37 photos

I am in the process of restoring one of these British made lathes; this one was made in 1947 in Huddersfield

Is there anyone else on the Forum who owns one? My interest is mainly for information exchange

Regards Brian

Duane Sutch 129/09/2020 17:18:42
2 forum posts

Hi Brian, i also own a Churchill cub.

Brian Wood29/09/2020 18:01:36
2272 forum posts
37 photos

Hello Duane,

Thank you for replying, I thought I was a lone owner until now. Mine is the Mk III with the simpler screwcutting gearbox, it now looks rather better than when I bought it.

Sadly there is a compatibility problem of some kind with my computer, I am unable to attach pictures, tables or written material any longer on the Forum but we could keep in touch by email if you have a mind to.

My address is wood_y(at)btinternet(dot)com The correct symbols go into the brackets of course, I present it this way to thwart scammers who just copy and paste. There is an underscore between the d and y, .it will be returned as unsent if that is not included

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards Brian

Emgee29/09/2020 18:40:38
1731 forum posts
236 photos

Brian

It is best to send a Message Member (see the menu line at bottom of messages) note with any such information, trawlers then have no chance of getting your email address.

Emgee

ega29/09/2020 19:02:09
1814 forum posts
154 photos

Brian Wood:

Looking at your existing photos makes me think that we would all be the poorer if you were unable to upload any more and I hope you will be able to fix the problem.

In particular, I would like to see a photo of the Cub.

Brian Wood30/09/2020 12:52:48
2272 forum posts
37 photos

Hello ega

It is a rather long standing problem that baffles me. In fairness I haven't tried to make it work again in recent months but for some reason I can now no longer see the command box to upload photos etc.

I can get things ready right up to that point and then no further, the page will not scroll to reveal it

Frustration rules!

Brian

Oldiron30/09/2020 13:17:10
532 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Brian. Have you tried a different browser ? You can actually install more than one on your PC.

regards

ega30/09/2020 14:08:06
1814 forum posts
154 photos
Posted by Brian Wood on 30/09/2020 12:52:48:

Hello ega

It is a rather long standing problem that baffles me. In fairness I haven't tried to make it work again in recent months but for some reason I can now no longer see the command box to upload photos etc.

I can get things ready right up to that point and then no further, the page will not scroll to reveal it

Frustration rules!

Brian

Brian

Thanks for explaining.

I seem to remember that some "visibility" problems with the website were caused by ad blockers; if you are using one you could try disabling it temporarily.

I have just had a similar problem with the myGP app on my mobile where an essential OK button was hidden by a dialogue box, the answer being to nudge the box out of the way.

Brian Wood30/09/2020 16:49:00
2272 forum posts
37 photos
Posted by Oldiron on 30/09/2020 13:17:10:

Hi Brian. Have you tried a different browser ? You can actually install more than one on your PC.

regards

Hello Oldiron, Yes, I have tried that, thank you for the suggestion. The problem goes back to a computer change, brought about by the death of the hard drive on the old unit.

That experience was traumatic after I found that backing up my files and folders etc to an external hard drive turned out to be a selective process and some things were no longer accessible.

I then discovered the problem of putting material into my albums, by which time I was about ready to throw the damned thing out of the window!

So, I hope you will forgive me for a complete lack of enthusiasm to try and fix it; I have tried---honest!

Regards Brian

Duane Sutch 112/10/2020 13:53:49
2 forum posts

Hi Brian, Duane here. I have tried to contact you on Cub related issues by email and just wondered if you had received anything from me?

I have just created a group on Facebook for Churchill Redman Cub uk! If you could look for that or contact me i would be grateful. If not anytime to suit you on 07500969729. Regards Duane Sutch.

Brian Wood12/10/2020 19:42:40
2272 forum posts
37 photos

Hello Duane,

No email contact I'm afraid. I don't know how you did the address but cur and paste will not work as I presented it first time

try wood_y@btinternet.com

Regards Brian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Warco
emcomachinetools
EngineDIY
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest