Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Gas Filling issue

Can't re-fill gas tank after engine has run/cooled slightly

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Christopher Sharp04/04/2020 19:29:23
1 forum posts

Hi there,

So I have a Regner 'Vincent' which I bought around 5 years ago. I hadn't used her for around 6 months after moving house. I bought it out onto the rolling road for a steam. I notice that from absolute cold it will run no problems and the gas tank seems to accept a full charge.

However, once the engine has been run for a while and needs re-gassing the gas filler valve blows off as if the tank is full, yet the burner dies after around 3 minutes and there is zero gas left in the tank. The engine is by no means hot when I do this just slightly warm. Yet, from a stone cold start the gas tank will fill fully. What could be causing this?

Furthermore this never used to be the case, I was always able to recharge the gas tank without having to let the engine return to tomb stone cold.

Thank you for your time.

Andy Carlson04/04/2020 20:52:35
160 forum posts
75 photos

Muck in the valve maybe? I'm not sure about the warmness but certainly I've found gas filling valves to be not 100% reliable all the time. Sometimes wont fill. Sometimes wont seal when you take the nozzle away. Mine gets used infrequently which is probably not good for it. I'm usually pleasantly surprised if it does work as intended.

Ady104/04/2020 22:58:31
3639 forum posts
514 photos

....a long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

When my gas lighter started playing up and you had a full charge push a pin on the centre metal bit of the valve and let some gas blast back out of the tank for a few seconds

and it was usually fine after that

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Allendale Electronics
cowells
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest