Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Chester lathe as my new lathe anyone

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
DMR03/06/2020 23:08:27
111 forum posts
14 photos

I live quite close to Chester and did visit for things at first (around the year 2000). They never had what I wanted and I was always told to visit the website. This told me that everything was coming from China on a just in time basis. For anyone out there who received a spare part for a faulty new machine quickly, then they were more than likely receiving something from another complete machine in stock.

I have visited some of their open days and selected various cast offs. I bought a bandsaw once in an original scrappy box. The returns letter about the faults was still in the bottom of the box. It was easily fixed (spring tension on the arm too great, and too much gearbox oil looking like an oil leak) but they had made no attempts on fixes and obviously not even taken it out of the box!

About 5 years ago I was in Guildford for a wedding and made a point of visiting Warco. I wish they were my local.

Dave Halford04/06/2020 10:18:24
761 forum posts
6 photos
Posted by Ian Skeldon 2 on 03/06/2020 22:07:52:
Posted by Jack M on 03/06/2020 20:45:06:

All I can say is wow i wouldn't recommend them after finally buying my lathe from then think I made bad choice

Hi Jack,

Your update is a bit vague, which company did you buy from in the end and what problems have you encountered?

Ian

Do we need another company bashing thread?

Ian Skeldon 207/06/2020 18:59:59
486 forum posts
37 photos
Posted by Dave Halford on 04/06/2020 10:18:24:
Posted by Ian Skeldon 2 on 03/06/2020 22:07:52:
Posted by Jack M on 03/06/2020 20:45:06:

All I can say is wow i wouldn't recommend them after finally buying my lathe from then think I made bad choice

Hi Jack,

Your update is a bit vague, which company did you buy from in the end and what problems have you encountered?

Ian

Do we need another company bashing thread?

Asking someone what they found wrong with their new purchase is company bashing?? If you read all of the thread you will see both positive and negative remarks about several companies. In the mean time it might be that we can help Jack sort out whatever the perceived issues are. I have a Chester DB10 that needed a lot of fettling but now it is a very good lathe with real accuracy.

Hopper08/06/2020 02:38:32
4553 forum posts
94 photos

Well after all the effort members put into giving JackM advice on making his purchase, it would be nice if we knew the final outcome.

Ian Skeldon 208/06/2020 19:48:31
486 forum posts
37 photos

Hopper I am with you on that and we might also be able to sort out any concerns that he has, unless of course they are genuine short comings with the lathe.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Allendale Electronics
Warco
ChesterUK
EngineDIY
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest