Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Ebay screen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Bell31/03/2020 08:32:48
291 forum posts
138 photos

Hi,

When I go into ebay by following a link or just from the ebay home page my screen goes strange with over lapping text.

I uploaded a screenshot (jpg) to my album but I cannot add the pic to this posting although the ok button turns green when I select the pic from the album?

I assume I've done something wrong but cannot seem to find the setting to correct it---is it a browser problem---I'm on Firefox--can anyone guide me how to get back to normal?

Thanks Peter

Bandersnatch31/03/2020 15:09:51
1636 forum posts
60 photos

(Addressing the problem with eBay - not the one about posting pics here).

Are you using an ad-blocker?

Better yet, in Firefox, go to Help > "Restart with Add-ons Disabled" and see if that fixes the problem (with eBay).

Edit:

Actually, I just looked at your pic, Peter. For the most part the page looks OK. It might just be an actual problem on the eBay Page. Have you tried changing your text size (CTRL-Scrollwheel)?

Edited By Bandersnatch on 31/03/2020 15:44:54

Peter Bell01/04/2020 09:47:57
291 forum posts
138 photos

Thanks for the advice.

Tried as suggested also various other fixes but no improvement. Noticed the the ebay prices sometimes appeared as $.

Ran CC Cleaner which found loads of trackers in spite of having tracking off in firefox and now seems to work fine!

I can also now add the pic which I couldnt do yesterday. Hopefully thats it.

Peter

screenshot_2020-03-31 hollow bronze sae660 bar various sizes and lengths ebay.jpg

Bandersnatch01/04/2020 18:34:36
1636 forum posts
60 photos

Might be helpful if you could add a link to the page so that others could try.

Michael Gilligan01/04/2020 18:40:05
15725 forum posts
687 photos
Posted by Bandersnatch on 01/04/2020 18:34:36:

Might be helpful if you could add a link to the page so that others could try.

At a wild guess ... I think this is it: **LINK**

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hollow-bronze-SAE660-bar-various-sizes-and-lengths/233462859515?var=533074337035&hash=item365b7886fb:m:m-tn1MIGyWqFfRuS4J57NMw

MichaelG.

Bandersnatch02/04/2020 01:19:34
1636 forum posts
60 photos

Ha! Now I see the actual extent of the problem (thanks Michael !). There are whole parts that are displaced.

It looks fine on my Firefox (68.6.0esr) and I'm running ad-block and several other add-ons.

I'd still suggest you try Help > "Restart with Add-ons Disabled" as a first step to eliminate those as the problem.

(One slight caveat. I'm looking at that page from Canada and eBay tailors their pages slightly depending on viewer's location. Potentially that could be enough to affect the wraparound)

Edited By Bandersnatch on 02/04/2020 01:22:40

Gary Wooding02/04/2020 07:18:47
702 forum posts
183 photos

Michael's link looks fine on my Firefox 74.0. I too am running ad-block and various other add-ons.

Peter Bell02/04/2020 08:00:18
291 forum posts
138 photos

Yes that was the link which proved troublesome. The ebay screen (and others) had been like that for a few days but when I originally clicked the link it reminded me to post asking for advice. Another thing was I could not add the pic at the time of the original post but I could after I'd used CC cleaner so can only conclude I'd picked up something.

The link works fine for me now, tried "restart with add ons disabled" but it didnt cure the original problem, tried it again now and everything still works the same.

Fingers crossed, its solved!

Peter

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Warco
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest