Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Mag Base LED Work Lamp

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ignatz30/03/2020 16:17:34
100 forum posts
58 photos

Just finished this new LED work lamp and thought that it might be of interest to others here on the forum.

For the base I used a flexible magnetic base indicator holder which I was lucky enough to find in like new condition. The articulated arm tightens up when that little lever tensions a cable that runs inside. These things don’t have the best reputation as indicator holders, but I figured it would make a great lamp base and far better than I might produce.

I tossed out the original bit at the end of the arm that would hold a dial indicator - a rather cheesy affair of cast Zamak - and replaced it with a little turned and welded mounting piece I cobbled together. Nothing special, that, and not worthy of posting dimensions or work progress snapshots.

Hope this inspires some of you.

work_lamp_01.jpg

work_lamp_02.jpg

work_lamp_03.jpg

Michael Gilligan30/03/2020 17:15:13
15455 forum posts
668 photos

That’s very tidy ... but I think I would re-route the cable, to avoid chafing by the locking mechanism.

MichaelG.

Ignatz30/03/2020 18:21:19
100 forum posts
58 photos

A fair observation... took the advice and gently pushed it around the base to one side. wink

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
Allendale Electronics
Warco
cowells
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest