Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Hi from Sheffield

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Flavell17/03/2020 08:18:30
2 forum posts

Hello,

I've been a member on here for many years but thought I'd introduce myself instead of reading your posts and leaving.

I am a mechanical engineer who designs my own motorcycles and cars (using Solidworks) and attempts to build them in my garage. I have so many unfinished projects at the moment I feel like there is no room to work on them. I've got an off road buggy with a 1000cc motorcycle engine that is 90% complete and 4 motorcycle of varying stages of build.

I am currently working on a 1987 Honda NSR250 which has had many modifications. I've really enjoyed all the machining work I've done on it and think my next project will have to have more machining than this. I am not very experienced and need to take on more detailed and complex work. I need to challenge myself and realise that it could take me days of not weeks to make a part. I will no doubt have to ask on here for advice

Dave

Brian H17/03/2020 13:36:55
1569 forum posts
102 photos

Hello David, I'm sure that if you post a plea for help on here you will receive answers from the numerous m/c enthusiasts as well as others.

Brian

David Flavell17/03/2020 14:03:17
2 forum posts

I hope so Brian thumbs up

I should have provided some info on my workshop equipment. My lathe is a Raglan Little John Mk2, I have an AEW vertical mill and a Hobbymat BFE65 mill. I try and weld and have Artech MIG and TIG inverters to stick bits of metal together. I also have one of those small combination press brake ring roller guillotine machines. Its about 1m wide and is very handy. I've got loads of power and hand tools and sometimes wonder if I have a tool fetish laugh

Dave

peak417/03/2020 14:09:09
1075 forum posts
124 photos

Hello and welcome,
Not long retired and moved from Crookes to Buxton, in search of more affordable space and a decent workshop/garage.
Also a selection of bikes and a marlin kit car, though not self built.

I guess you already know good places to obtain materials over there, but ask away if I can be of (minor) assistance.

Bill

Edited By peak4 on 17/03/2020 14:09:38

Steviegtr17/03/2020 14:10:04
1156 forum posts
94 photos

Hi & welcome Dave. No matter how many tools you have, there is always a job where none of them will do,

I am a keen motorcyclist & have a 1200s Multistrada + a 1993 GSXR 750 in bits. Will finish it one day.

Steve.

Neil Wyatt17/03/2020 20:17:47
17712 forum posts
697 photos
77 articles

Welcome to the forum Dave,

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowells
ChesterUK
Allendale Electronics
Ausee.com.au
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest