Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Cautionary tale

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Rutzen26/02/2020 08:23:26
165 forum posts
1 photos

I'm fitting dro to my milling machine. I ordered the bits from Banggood after doing research . I received one scale last week. The delivery time on the other bits? 27th April! Apparently they send different parts of the same order by different methods.

JasonB26/02/2020 08:36:00
17323 forum posts
1865 photos
1 articles

Banggood ar not a supplier they are just a web shopfront for many suppliers so you have no doubt bought items from more than one hence the different delivery. Add in new Year & Virus problems and who knows when your items will turn up but you got them cheap..

Hopper26/02/2020 08:51:13
4166 forum posts
89 photos

I wouldn't bet too much on anything arriving from China in the coming month/s. Coronavirus is getting pretty crazy over there.

Steviegtr26/02/2020 10:49:27
840 forum posts
191 photos

I ordered 2 toolholders from China 2nd Feb. Gave 4th March as delivery. But they turned up last week, which was a surprise.

Steve.

John Rutzen26/02/2020 11:08:37
165 forum posts
1 photos

O well , they could turn up sooner then. The parts were all from the same seller but maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Bandersnatch27/02/2020 01:55:25
1489 forum posts
42 photos

Probably only had the one item in stock. Needed to reorder the others from Wuhan.

surprise

Douglas Johnston27/02/2020 09:42:01
680 forum posts
32 photos

I would be very wary about ordering anything from China at the moment. With the shutdown of large areas due to the virus and restrictions on flights it could be a bit of a lottery. I have a couple of small items that were ordered a month or so ago and I don't expect to see them any time soon. However, my slight inconvenience is of no matter compared to the struggles to contain the virus. The whole world could soon be in the grip of this virus and it seems to target old people like myself and probably many on this forum, so we should all take care.

Doug

old mart27/02/2020 21:30:18
1252 forum posts
116 photos

My recent ebay purchases from China don't seem to have been affected, maybe I have been lucky.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Allendale Electronics
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
Warco
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest