Forum sponsored by Allendale Dec 6th

Noise Isolating Platform

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Wyatt10/12/2019 21:16:57
16940 forum posts
690 photos
76 articles

Over the years ME and MEW have carried various tips on isolating machinery to reduce noise.

I came across this great concept used by drummers - especially for playing electronic kits indoors on wooden floors, as youc an wear headphones but still need to reduce the floor noise.

With perhaps some simple adaptations it could be a great way to isolate a fairly hefty machine...

Neil

Howard Lewis10/12/2019 21:49:35
2588 forum posts
2 photos

I won't make the obvious comment about bit being a load of, but decoupling the source of vibration from the surroundings will reduce transmission greatly over a wide range of frequencies.

A very nice solution, using easily obtainable materials.

Just wonder how many would be needed for a 300Kg machine? i e what is the load bearing capacity of a tennis ball

Howard

Mark Rand10/12/2019 23:24:37
828 forum posts

To be honest, I'd just get anti-vibration mounts from WDS Ltd. The same as I did for the wall mounted speakers, wall mounted transformers and wall mounted dust extractor in the shed...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Warco
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest