By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Vogvivo CNC router - Is anyone using one of these?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Withnell07/12/2019 15:33:57
796 forum posts
215 photos

I've been using the KX1 to produce some basic PCB's, which is overkill really and the spindle speed is a bit limiting.

Mach 3 will drive this and the spindle speed is 10k so should be better suited to cutting PCB's and I can use it on the kitchen table rather than retire to the workshop!

**LINK**

Some of this stuff can turn out to be junk - so anyone run one of these?

Regards

Steve

geoff adams07/12/2019 15:46:44
160 forum posts
195 photos

hi Steve cant help you but you could try the mycncuk forum i find them very helpful

Geoff

Alan Wood 408/12/2019 16:45:48
136 forum posts
5 photos

Hi Steve

I obtained a CNEST3040T from an EBay second user which seems to have some of the components that are being used on the KX1. I have found the 3040 adequate for PCB milling at 5k rpm and have also run PCBs on my Tormach 440 at similar speeds.

You might want to consider adding limit switches to allow auto homing and also to give protection from overrun within the table and Z limits. I made some modifications to Mach3 that I found on the web to accommodate this and also for a Z height setter.

I use FlatCam to convert the CAD files into G Code.

The biggest issues in running the PCBs are the type of cutter you use and how flat you can grip the board to the mill table so as to avoid variations in depth of cut.

I have done some write ups here on my findings and there are various follow up pages. If you want some more info let me know.

Kind regards

Alan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Allendale Electronics
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest