Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

centec 2a riser

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
geoff adams24/11/2019 14:18:59
179 forum posts
196 photos

img_0999.jpgimg_1003.jpgimg_0999.jpgimg_0991.jpgbought this machine 3 weeks ago little bit more sturdy than my chester champion made the riser block gives lot more room between table and cutter it has a power feed table but two gear wheels are missing to change the feed rate what i have got will do for now it also came with the horizontal attachment made in 1957 year i was born

i now have a boxford lathe ajax horizontal mill a meddings pillar drill all made around the 1950s all still going strong sorry pics wrong way round no idea how to fix

Geoff

old mart24/11/2019 14:33:41
1917 forum posts
151 photos

That's a big chunk of aluminium, it looks like you could slide the top and bottom forward to give a couple of inches more throat if required, although the belt drive might not allow it without some redesign.

geoff adams24/11/2019 14:50:08
179 forum posts
196 photos

the alloy came from Allco Southampton only place near me that could do the size i needed most of the machining was done on my tormach cnc mill there is a member on the forum that gave me the idea he made a longer version so you can slide it forward with the vertical head still on and then use horizontal attachment as i have a horizontal mill and no room behind i stuck with the short version still very pleased

Geoff

peak424/11/2019 16:55:09
1155 forum posts
136 photos

Do let us know if you decide to go into production. smiley

Bill

not done it yet24/11/2019 20:38:58
4893 forum posts
20 photos

I have a long riser with my 2B (made by Gary, I think), but there would be several who would like to extend the working head-space on their Centecs if previous threads are anything to go by.

The long version is definitely the favoured version if the space is available.

Mine has a VFD (220V output) running the power feed. I think the motor is still in star configuration, but it still seems to cope OK. I’ve yet to bother with the alternative gearing.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
EngineDIY
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
cowells
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest