Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Dec 6th

Mitutoyo DRO Fault

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Stuart Bridger17/11/2019 20:34:49
363 forum posts
23 photos

That's a shame but probably a symptom of the age of the unit. I would make sure everything is seated firmly and give the cables a wiggle. Other than that it is probably time to cut your losses and get a new console. Machine DRO offer adapter cables for Mitutoyo scales, to connect into current products. They do recommend speaking to them for compatibility.

Brian H17/11/2019 22:20:23
1294 forum posts
99 photos
Posted by Ian P on 17/11/2019 19:37:58:
Posted by Brian H on 17/11/2019 19:04:15:

Ah well, all this swapping of plugs and amplifiers has resulted in the one that WAS working, now isn't!

Brian

That really clarifies things.

The 'one' what?

Ian P

I thought that it was obvious; the display that was working now isn't. In other words both displays do not move when handles are turned.

Brian

Nick Hughes17/11/2019 22:39:45
205 forum posts
130 photos

If you want to retain your original readout, contact Darren at Goodwin Technology, to see if they could repair it.

Goodwin Technology

Brian H18/11/2019 08:44:10
1294 forum posts
99 photos

Thanks for that Nick I may well give them a call, but first I,m going the check the wires in the armoured cables as I know some of the plastic in other parts of the machine are stiff and brittle and I thought that the problem might lie with broken wires and it's any easy check to make.

I'm in no hurry and I'm not even sure how useful a DRO is on a horizontal mill. ( plus, I'm a miser)

Brian

Michael Gilligan18/11/2019 09:38:44
14264 forum posts
627 photos

Posted by Michael Gilligan on 16/11/2019 22:27:23:

[…]

Edit: If all else fails, it might be worth trying here

**LINK**

Mmm ... deja vu

Nick Hughes18/11/2019 09:51:20
205 forum posts
130 photos

Ha, I did scan through the earlier posts to see if Goodwin had been recommended, but obviously missed that part in your post.

Michael Gilligan18/11/2019 10:28:14
14264 forum posts
627 photos

No problem, Nick

It was the ‘No fix, No fee’ offering that first attracted me.

i’ve never had cause to use them, but assume that you have.

MichaelG.

Machine-DRO18/11/2019 11:47:10
16 forum posts
1 photos

Good morning,

We do manufacture and stock adaptor cables that will suit your Mitutoyo encoders to connect with a M-DRO / Easson display unit (others consoles will also be suitable)- which will give you all the modern features of a display console while retaining the use of existing encoders

**LINK**

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us 01992 455921 or sales@machine-dro.co.uk

Regards,

Machine-DRO team

Brian H19/11/2019 15:31:48
1294 forum posts
99 photos

Sent a message to M-DRO. I have one of their units on another machine and am very leased with it, otherwise, It's back to modelling because I'm fed up with fiddling!

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Brian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Tee London LMES 6th Dec
Allendale Electronics
cowells
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric Engineering
emcomachinetools
Warco
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest