Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Oct 22nd

Slideways oil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
KWIL21/10/2019 11:28:52
3127 forum posts
57 photos

I use Rocol X5 slideway oil, but you can buy Millers, Millway 68 for £60 for 20 litres from Cutwel, just need a few friends if the £60 is too much to bear!

JA21/10/2019 11:56:08
793 forum posts
44 photos

Engine oil should be avoided. New oil contains a lot of additives about which you know nothing. Old oil will contain even more rubbish.

Use the correct stuff which is meant to stick to ways etc. It is cheap and can be bought on the internet. I usually buy my oil direct from Morris. Since they did not sell a slideway oil I ask them where I could get some and was pointed at Premier Oils & Lubricants at Stoke. At this moment they can supply you with 5 Litres of Sideway 68 for £19.20 (incl. VAT) plus the delivery charge.

JA

Hopper21/10/2019 12:30:41
3739 forum posts
76 photos
Posted by JA on 21/10/2019 11:56:08:

Engine oil should be avoided. New oil contains a lot of additives about which you know nothing.

None of which will do your lathe one bit of harm. It's worked just fine for me for half a century. Same lathe. Still going.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
TRANSWAVE Converters
Meridienne; London MES
cowbells
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest