Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Oct 22nd

Tour of my workshop

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Phil Whitley19/10/2019 18:12:44
908 forum posts
125 photos

Hi Chaps, a workshop tour, or at least, the story so far, showing stuff I have finished, and stuff I haven't!
Enjoy, and comment and subscribe if you like it!
Phil,
East Yorkshire,
UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ7wqLi1_QY&t=8s

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKf0nWnXKXltBjj7MWtdjWA?

Edited By Phil Whitley on 19/10/2019 18:14:48

Edited By JasonB on 19/10/2019 19:31:33

Phil Whitley21/10/2019 17:12:53
908 forum posts
125 photos

Hi JasonB, did your edit put the pic up instead of the ICON? thankyou, I couldnt do that and the picture you picked is perfect!!

Phil

East Yorkshire

Sam Longley 121/10/2019 22:12:04
726 forum posts
26 photos

Lovely to have all that space, but one has to wonder--------Is there anything that does NOT need a job doing to it before you can use it????sad

Edited By Sam Longley 1 on 21/10/2019 22:15:15

Bazyle21/10/2019 22:20:47
4758 forum posts
187 photos

Wow, that's huge, bigger than my house and lots of clear floor space - you are not a true model engineer until all the floor is hidden under machines and projects. laugh

Andrew Evans22/10/2019 09:06:57
267 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Phil, I am jealous of the amount of space you have. Plenty of room for a big Holbrook or DSG lathe.

mechman4822/10/2019 12:21:52
2503 forum posts
371 photos

Nice set up Phil. You have more space in there than the whole floor area of my bungalow. Do I assume that it is on an industrial estate, as you mentioned something about 'industrial water' or is it/attached part of you property?.

George.

Phil Whitley22/10/2019 19:56:37
908 forum posts
125 photos
Posted by Sam Longley 1 on 21/10/2019 22:12:04:

Lovely to have all that space, but one has to wonder--------Is there anything that does NOT need a job doing to it before you can use it????sad

Edited By Sam Longley 1 on 21/10/2019 22:15:15

Oh yes, both lathes are finished and the Harrison milling machine, I only have suds on the Colchester, shaper is fully working, as is the hacksaw and 2 drilling machines, and all the welders, so all the basics are there. trouble is that I continued to aquire machines even when I didnt have use of the workshop (long story), so now I am back in the shop, I have a backlog to catch up on, but you need tools to fix tools, so when a machine is desperately needed, it gets finished, but generally, I go to work, pick a machine, and work on it till it's done!

Phil

Phil Whitley22/10/2019 20:07:08
908 forum posts
125 photos
Posted by Andrew Evans on 22/10/2019 09:06:57:

Thanks Phil, I am jealous of the amount of space you have. Plenty of room for a big Holbrook or DSG lathe.

Thanks Andrew, my first lathe was a DS&G 13Z, a bit battered, but a good workhorse! I would love a Hollbrook, but they are heavy, and seem to prefer the south of England (where they were made, Harlow, Essex) There is a nice one in the railway museum workshop at York! Here I am, in the seventies, in the same, workshop, with the DS&G, which is in the same position as the Covmac is now. I have less hair on top now, but more down the back! Thanks for the comments

Phil

East Yorkshire

Phil Whitley22/10/2019 20:25:28
908 forum posts
125 photos
Posted by mechman48 on 22/10/2019 12:21:52:

Nice set up Phil. You have more space in there than the whole floor area of my bungalow. Do I assume that it is on an industrial estate, as you mentioned something about 'industrial water' or is it/attached part of you property?.

George.

Hi George, Not an industrial estate, couldn't afford the rent!! My late father and I built this workshop in the seventies on a plot of land we bought for £150! It is across the road from the house and shop I grew up in, but we no longer own that , so I commute 6 minutes every day! The workshop is a registered commercial premises as we ran a business from it back then and the LA have advised against changing it back to private as I get small business rate relief, and it now has a new water supply with a meter, but I installed the rainwater system to the existng victorian beehive cistern in the seventies, so it makes sense to use it for toilet flushing and hand (and pressure) washing, thus saving cash on my water bill. Because sewage charge is calculated as a percentage of the water supplied through the meter, I do not pay a sewage charge, just pay for the water through the meter, and a surface water charge, as technically, I am disposing of my surface water into their drains every time I flush! Thanks for the kind comments,

Phil

East Yorkshire

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
TRANSWAVE Converters
Meridienne; London MES
cowbells
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest