Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Oct 11th

Warco wm18

Gas strut

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tony Scott10/10/2019 18:32:59
8 forum posts

Hi everyone, have just aquired a warco wm18 that has never been used, and when I disassembled the machine it came to light that the gas strut is missing, do you any of you knowledgeable people know the length or find an online manual.

Was surprised that there is no online manual.

JasonB10/10/2019 18:40:30
16240 forum posts
1717 photos
1 articles

Some don't have the strut, the later ones do.

Boiler Bri10/10/2019 20:18:11
805 forum posts
285 photos

Mines 2007. No strut. Good idea though. That said I have to apply a bit of nip on the quill for accuracy.

Bri

Mick Henshall10/10/2019 20:32:35
519 forum posts
29 photos

Hi Tony,

I lost my manual for my WM14mill, could not find online so contacted Warco and a kind gent sent me one as an pdf

Give it a try

Mick 🇫🇴

Lainchy10/10/2019 20:50:59
112 forum posts
14 photos

Same here Mick... almost by return too! Very fast to mail me the PDF back.

Drop them a mail. They will send you the manual.

Ian

Tony Scott10/10/2019 22:31:11
8 forum posts

Thanks guys. I have dropped them a message.

The main reason for asking about the gas strut is the ball and cup are both fitted but the ram is not, surely they wouldn't fit the balls and cup's??

SillyOldDuffer11/10/2019 10:07:27
4696 forum posts
1010 photos
Posted by Tony Scott on 10/10/2019 22:31:11:

Thanks guys. I have dropped them a message.

The main reason for asking about the gas strut is the ball and cup are both fitted but the ram is not, surely they wouldn't fit the balls and cup's??

Bit of a mystery. My 2014 WM18 doesn't have a strut and Warco's blurb doesn't mention it as a selling point either. Not having the strut certainly makes cranking the head up harder but not so much I've felt the need to do anything about it. This is because the head is only moved during setting-up, and then only short distances. I even wondered in another recent thread if the presence of a strut might make vibration more likely : don't know!

Of course a strut would allow a smaller motor to be used in a CNC conversion. And, because the lifting wheel is awkwardly placed on the top of the column (and I'm 6' tall), a strut would be useful for operators on the short side, or anyone with weaker arms than me. (I'm a weed)

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowbells
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
Meridienne oct 2019
Ausee.com.au
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest