Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

primus blowtorch

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dougie Swan24/09/2019 17:13:49
187 forum posts
40 photos

Hi, I have a primus blowtorch which has a blocked jet, I have tried to clear it with no joy, the jet is marked 07, I have searche the web but cant find any replacements. Can anyone here point me in the direction of anybody who might sell spares?

Thanks

Dougie

Bob Stevenson24/09/2019 17:46:09
432 forum posts
7 photos

I don't think that primus make blowlamps or torches anymore,..they seem more about cooking stoves and camping gear. However, they do supply spares so it might be worthwhile asking their 'shop'...see here;

https://www.primus.eu/store/stoves/

Have you tried using an airline?........another method that worked for me is to soak the jet in detergent solution (Fairy liquid!) for a couple of days and then blow thru...........a friend use brake cleaner in a cheap ultrasonic cleaner and tha worked for him. You could make your way to the nearest 'good' jewllers and ask them to put it in their ultrasonic for a small fee......

EDIT;......You could ask our good friends 'CupAlloys'...they only supply Sievert but I bet they know something that will help you, like where to get the part or what parts can be used instead etc

Edited By Bob Stevenson on 24/09/2019 17:55:27

Speedy Builder524/09/2019 17:51:23
2104 forum posts
146 photos

We used to use a PRIMUS 'pricker' which was a short length of wire crimped onto a tin plate handle. And then we were told never to use anything metal to clear a carburettor jet !! Apparently, nobody told PRIMUS !!

**LINK**

Bob Stevenson24/09/2019 17:58:52
432 forum posts
7 photos

The pricker was for the old time parafin blowlamps and stoves which had much larger jets, as I recall......

Rik Shaw24/09/2019 18:21:45
1363 forum posts
373 photos

“Have you tried using an airline?

Avoid Thomas Cook. EasyJet might be worth a try though .

Rik

Michael Gilligan24/09/2019 19:12:54
16352 forum posts
712 photos

I haven't checked recently, but ... Once upon a time; there was a company called Primus-Sievert

angel MichaelG.

Martin of Wick24/09/2019 19:20:21
197 forum posts
4 photos

these people have 'most evertin for pressure stoves lamps and torches etc

**LINK**

mick H24/09/2019 20:42:26
726 forum posts
21 photos

If you have got a can of lighter fuel, squirt some gas through the jet the wrong way round. This will shift small particles causing blockage.

martin perman24/09/2019 21:12:05
1870 forum posts
78 photos
Posted by Michael Gilligan on 24/09/2019 19:12:54:

I haven't checked recently, but ... Once upon a time; there was a company called Primus-Sievert

angel MichaelG.

Apparently between 1965 and 69/70

Martin P

JasonB25/09/2019 06:55:53
18839 forum posts
2067 photos
1 articles

Graham Corry of Alyn Foundry specifies the Primus 8842 as the burner for all his hot tube engines and when blocked suggests an airline or CO2 gas at full presure to block back the opposite way to the gas to clear blockages.

As Sievert still make and use that number burner it may be worth contacting them to see if they have spares for your burner as it could well be a current production item.

You won't get a wire down some of these jets let alone see it , the 8842 is  0.07mm dia but the wire did work on the old paraffin blowlamps.

Edited By JasonB on 25/09/2019 07:29:37

larry phelan 125/09/2019 12:44:55
818 forum posts
17 photos

There is a company in England who still supply parts for old Primus stoves plus other makes.

I came across them some years ago but cannot recall their name. I think I simply typed in "Spare parts for Primus stoves" and this place showed up

Have you tried using one of those prickers used by welders to clear their Oxy tips ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
EngineDIY
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest