Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Bridgeport Help

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike London08/09/2019 11:06:37
26 forum posts
1 photos

Having recently acquired a Bridgeport. I have discovered that the feed reverse knob assembly has been sheared off at some time. The assembly is attached to the reverse clutch rod by what appears to be 8- 32 UNC thread measuring at 5/32 and this has sheared off inside the reverse clutch rod, so try as I might I cannot remove the remains.

I have obtained new spares but the clutch rod is pinned to another rod in the head to which I would need to access to replace.

I have copies of the Bridge port manual parts list but this just shows a whole page of disembodied parts with no indication of interconnection. There is no easy direct access to the parts to view and I know that in there, is a whole load of worm gears, springs etc. and I am not particularly keen to go in and start dismantling and have a whole load of bits explode on to the floor!
Especially as the rest of the machine is working fine!

Anyone had any previous experience? - or any pointers to information?
Even U tube videos, of which I have trawled through many, seem to bypass this part of the machine.
Is it possible to replace the clutch rod without dismantling the whole of the head?

Cheers

Mike

Edited By Mike London on 08/09/2019 11:09:27

john fletcher 108/09/2019 11:13:48
678 forum posts

Hello Mike, send me a PM as I have an address of a man who may be able to help you. John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Warco
ChesterUK
JD Metals
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest