By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale July 23rd

ARC Euro Trading Great service

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Keith Gibson23/08/2019 22:35:35
4 forum posts

I ordered a few milling cutters from ARC, order was placed 11pm on Thursday 22/8/19. Not a big order, but important to me, to progress a job.

Got home from work today at 7pm, and the cutters were waiting for me!

That's less than 24 hours from order to receipt,

Fantastic service, and don't forget the service from the Post Office too.

Usual disclaimers, just an ordinary customer, no connection otherwise.

Keith Gibson.

magpie23/08/2019 22:38:40
401 forum posts
77 photos

Always had great service from Arc. Ketan is a top bloke.

not done it yet24/08/2019 02:38:13
3229 forum posts
11 photos

A forum search for ’service’ will bring up several similar postings. Nothing unusual for ARC. They often get mentions for good, prompt, efficient service. Helpful as well. It is their normal modus operandi.

I cannot recall seeing a justifiable moan about their service and if there wete to be an order problem (eg wrong part ordered) they are very helpful towards solving it.

Howard Lewis24/08/2019 08:11:05
2207 forum posts
2 photos

This week, contacted Arc for small items. There was a problem. Within minutes, Ian called me back with a solution. Items arrived next morning, by first class post.

What more can one ask!

No wonder that they are my, and many others, supplier of choice. Friendly, helpful people and super service.

Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.

Howard

Stuart Smith 524/08/2019 10:41:07
32 forum posts
6 photos

It's not just ARC. I ordered two items last week , one from Warco and one from Amadeal. Both were ordered late on Wednesday evening and both were despatched on Thursday and arrived on Friday.

lfoggy24/08/2019 20:55:45
69 forum posts
5 photos

I ordered a set of ER collets from ARC a few months ago and they sent me the wrong sizes. Although apologetic they said they could only replace them once they had received the incorrect ones back and asked me to post them. As I work full time this was a significant inconvenience. I did suggest that they arrange for the replacement items to be delivered and the wrong items collected at the same time but this was rejected. I was slightly disappointed that they were essentially transferring the hassle of remedying their error to me. Did eventually receive the correct items but still waiting for the promised refund of the return postage.......

Ian Thomson 224/08/2019 22:19:38
53 forum posts
16 photos

Another + for Warco.

Last week they sent me the wrong tray with a stand.

A bit frustrating, but mistakes happen.

One phone call and I have the correct tray the next day.

Excellent service.

Neil Wyatt24/08/2019 22:29:46
16415 forum posts
685 photos
74 articles

To be fair, most of the larger firms mail things out pretty promptly, some of the smaller retailers aren't always able to be quite as quick, but the days of 'allow 28 days for delivery' are long gone (along with my bank balance!)

Neil

Ignatz26/08/2019 08:33:07
91 forum posts
44 photos

My own experience with ARC was completely negative.

I ordered quite a number of things, amongst which some books and slitting saws. When the order arrived the books and slitting saws were nowhere to be found.

I called ARC about the missing items and was informed that I must have inadvertently thrown out said items with the packing materials. All of the original boxes and packing materials were still in my possession, but there was nothing to be found therein.

After some amount of back-and-forth about me complaint, ARC finally (and very reluctantly) agreed to refund the money for the missing items. However, I was informed that I was “no longer a valued customer” and that they would no longer accept my trade.

The translation of that phrase - "no longer a valued customer " - appeared to mean, ‘How dare you have the temerity to call us out on our own screw-up?’

Note: Ever since that time I make videos of myself opening packages as proof if needed in future discussions.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
Meridienne Sept 2019
Advertise With Us
Warco
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest