Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Hello from Northampton

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
JimD15/08/2019 15:02:27
13 forum posts
3 photos

Hi everyone, new here.

My names Jim, from Northampton and I currently have a Boxford AUD lathe and a Medddings MF4 drill press.

Been a fan of machining for quite some time but now finally have a change to get into it properly.

JohnF15/08/2019 15:34:18
1049 forum posts
158 photos

Welcome Jim, lots of advice and opinions on here all you need do is ask and someone will be along with an answer whatever the subject. Nice choice of machines as well.

Regards John

Brian H15/08/2019 15:36:58
2032 forum posts
111 photos

Hello Jim and welcome to this wonderful forum. Now that you have the machining capability, what ae you intendng to do with it?

Don't forget, any questions just ask on here.

Brian

JimD15/08/2019 15:51:23
13 forum posts
3 photos
Posted by Brian H on 15/08/2019 15:36:58:

Hello Jim and welcome to this wonderful forum. Now that you have the machining capability, what ae you intendng to do with it?

Don't forget, any questions just ask on here.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I have been thinking about doing some spinning tops in brass and stainless.

I think I will get some practice in first though.

Jim

Graham Stoppani15/08/2019 18:12:16
92 forum posts
18 photos

Hi Jim,

I'm based in Northampton as well. I have a Myford ML7 and a Warco Minor MIll/Drill. What I don't seem to have is the time to spend on them that I would like!

regards

Graham

Howard Lewis15/08/2019 19:37:21
4400 forum posts
4 photos

Welcome Jim!

Suggestion to both you and to Graham: Join the Northampton Society.

Have never met them, but one of my fellow club members regularly visits and runs his loco there.

If they weren't friendly, he wouldn't go back.

So you will have a source of help and advice, close at hand, as well as the huge fund of knowledge on here, with the advantage of the ability to see / be guided, face to face, if you have a problem.

Howard

JimD16/08/2019 06:45:16
13 forum posts
3 photos

Morning Graham, Howard,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Howard, do they have a website or anything?

Thanks

Howard Lewis16/08/2019 07:46:48
4400 forum posts
4 photos

Good Morning Jim

You can Google Northampton Society of Model Engineers, or www.nsme.co.uk.

From a VERY quick look at the website, they appear to be on London Road, and operate as The Delapre Park Miniature Railway.

I am sure that, like many clubs, they have other interests besides model railways

My own Peterborough Club has members who are interested in Road Engines, Boats, Clocks, and Workshop Tooling, as well as Railways from OO to 7 1/4"., so I would expect a similar spread of interests, in other Societies.

Howard.

Anthony Kendall16/08/2019 10:41:38
97 forum posts

Jim, yes, we are Northampton Society of Model Engineers.

You can get in touch by email to secretary@nsme.co.uk and by phone on 07907051388.

Our website is at Northampton Society of Model Engineers

I hope you will be able to get all the information you need from the website. It is probably best to arrange for a no-obligation visit to see if you like the idea and go on from there.

We do try to cover all aspects of model engineering. Like many ME societies there is a bias towards railways but we have clockmakers, toolmakers, stationary engines, traction engines etc. and cater for all skill levels.

We try to be as friendly as we can. Like many societies we do a fair bit of drinking tea/coffee and eating Mars bars, but there are people who can help with most engineering queries. We can talk on any subject - even longer if we know something about it! Hope to see you soon. Thanks to Howard for helping.

Kind regards, Tony Kendall, Webmaster NSME.

JimD16/08/2019 10:44:51
13 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Tony

I will try and organise a visit soon, just had a baby so free time is like gold dust at the moment.

Cheers

Kevin Lamers27/08/2019 20:40:25
3 forum posts

That is pretty close to where I used to live, MK. Good luck!

Neil Wyatt05/09/2019 17:28:10
18490 forum posts
720 photos
78 articles

Hello Jim,

Welcome to the forum.

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowells
emcomachinetools
Warco
JD Metals
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest