Forum sponsored by Allendale Dec 6th

Dremel 3D20 printer

Dipping my toe into the 3D print World

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Barrie Lever30/07/2019 18:33:54
323 forum posts
2 photos

For the last couple of month's I have been thinking about getting a 3D printer, I did not want to spend too much money and the 3D print playing field is a minefield.

I plumped for a second hand Dremel 3D20 which was the first Dremel offering in the 3D print World back in about 2014. The machine is based upon a Flash Forger Dreamer but has Dremel branded software and only a single extruder and non heated bed.

I bought the machine on Ebay, it had been in a school and only had 2 hours print time on it (there is built in run time clock),

The machine printed a supplied sample piece on the first time of asking, I printed a further two sample pieces and then went with my own designs.

The two parts on the left of the photo are mounts for a pulse jet engine on a control line speed model, these are only for mock up purposes as the pulse jet heat will melt the PLA plastic.

The item that looks like a clip is in fact for holding the wings on a small chuck glider of the style of North Pacific types. Basically the two 1/16" balsa wings push in either side and the clip also has dihedral designed in, then the assembly pushes onto the 1/8" balsa fuselage, worked great, done 10 of these for chuck gliders at a children's party we held last weekend. The wall thickness of the clip is 0.7mm and to be honest the finish is fantastic, it just looks like an injection moulding.

The final item is a control horn to pick up on an aileron torque rod in a new Q40 pylon race model that I am building, the two holes for the clevis to pick up on are 1.6mm diameter, so that gives you an idea of scale.

I am blown away with the quality of the parts produced so far, they exceed my expectations by some margin and that is not easy !!

Regards

Barrie

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Ausee.com.au
Allendale Electronics
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Tee London LMES 6th Dec
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest