Forum sponsored by Allendale Oct 22nd

What milling tip do I need?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alistair Robertson 121/07/2019 21:05:20
59 forum posts
6 photos

Hi,

I have an 80mm dia. Facing milling cutter with 7 insert locations.

It came to me in a box with a lot of tooling at a local auction a couple of years ago. I have just got to the bottom of the box recently and it was a pleasant surprise as it is in excellent condition, BUT there are no tips to fit it, but the screws are there and don't look as if they have been used!

The only identification is the code A241.80.R.07 The rectangular tips look to be about 12mm x 8mm x 5mm thick with a 3.5mm screw hole. (These sizes are approx)

I have been in contact with several tooling suppliers but as yet none of them can identify what tips I need. I may have to go to a few suppliers and ask to see if I can get something to fit, but perhaps some of the very knowledgeable folks on this forum can identify what I need.

S.D.L.21/07/2019 21:49:07
169 forum posts
Posted by Alistair Robertson 1 on 21/07/2019 21:05:20:

Hi,

I have an 80mm dia. Facing milling cutter with 7 insert locations.

It came to me in a box with a lot of tooling at a local auction a couple of years ago. I have just got to the bottom of the box recently and it was a pleasant surprise as it is in excellent condition, BUT there are no tips to fit it, but the screws are there and don't look as if they have been used!

The only identification is the code A241.80.R.07 The rectangular tips look to be about 12mm x 8mm x 5mm thick with a 3.5mm screw hole. (These sizes are approx)

I have been in contact with several tooling suppliers but as yet none of them can identify what tips I need. I may have to go to a few suppliers and ask to see if I can get something to fit, but perhaps some of the very knowledgeable folks on this forum can identify what I need.

Its Supplied by WNT and new would set you back £418 without discount

Shell end mount needed is 27mm

Insets are LD 1504

WNT will sell to anyone ring up place an order pay by card and call the company hobby. My wife has an account for getting christmas presents etc

Steve

Alistair Robertson 122/07/2019 10:23:53
59 forum posts
6 photos

Thanks, SDL.

That solved the problem.

The information available on this Forum is second to none!

Tips ordered first thing this morning and they are on their way,

Thanks.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TRANSWAVE Converters
Meridenne Boat 2019
Ausee.com.au
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
cowbells
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest