Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale July 23rd

TTFN

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nicholas Farr18/07/2019 18:30:07
1911 forum posts
920 photos

Hi Andrew, your posts outweigh any derogatory posts aimed at you. Your views an help are respected by very many more people than there are who would put you down. Yes your posts are always informative and interesting and I am another who will miss reading you knowledge and seeing how you achieve results, as has been said, don't let the trolls win.

Regards Nick.

P. S. In the words of Fagin's song, "Cheerio, but be back soon"

P. P. S. hope you don't find my P. S. derogatory. wink 2

Edited By Nicholas Farr on 18/07/2019 18:53:54

Brian Wood18/07/2019 18:51:14
1931 forum posts
37 photos

Hello Andrew,

I too will miss your input. It has given great value, knowledge and experience to the rest of us on the forum and it seems a great pity that some feel it has no place here, based purely upon the scale on which you work.

I do hope you will reconsider and return to us. As others have said, the forum will be a poorer place if not

Kind regards Brian

Alan Jackson18/07/2019 19:26:10
164 forum posts
67 photos

Hi Andrew,

I will also miss your very interesting posts. Such a shame that narrow minds seem to be so vocal. Enjoy your good efforts, but I will be saddened by not seeing them here.

Cheers

Alan

Roderick Jenkins18/07/2019 19:28:56
1758 forum posts
445 photos

Well, that's a shame. Please don't be a stranger for too long.

Rod

brian curd18/07/2019 19:43:14
102 forum posts

Andrew

Please don't stay away for long. Remember "sticks and stones ……"

Brian C

Ian Skeldon 218/07/2019 20:01:49
371 forum posts
29 photos

I am extremely sad to hear of your decision Andrew, you have been one of the very helpful people that I referred to in the very same thread, your knowledge and willingness to help will be greatly missed by those genuine forum members, hopefully your absence will be short lived. So until your return I wish you well and hope the building of those traction engines continues so that you might share a video of them running.

Best regards,

Ian

speelwerk18/07/2019 20:07:11
325 forum posts
1 photos

Andrew, Your posts are always interesting to read, I sincerely hope you will continue, Niko.

peak418/07/2019 20:14:40
789 forum posts
67 photos

Andrew, It would be a shame to leave because a (very) small minority of others fail to think of the consequences of their posts, or how they may be interpreted by others.

Fortunately this forum has a lot less than some I frequent, though it does feel like it's happening more of late.

Sad to say, It's not just on this forum, I've seen it increase elsewhere too, but can't really understand why.

All the best

Bill

Phil super718/07/2019 20:16:02
9 forum posts

I too will miss your input to the forum, i myself find them very interesting, although i do understand how you must feel. I have been a forum member for quite some time but don't post much as i find people are ridiculed by experts! . Silly me thinking this was a hobby and a forum to exchange ideas and help each other. Come back Soon,

Phil

Neil Wyatt18/07/2019 20:51:02
16277 forum posts
679 photos
74 articles

I've exchanged messages with Andrew.

It's better that someone takes a break leaving the door open, than they hang around to get wound up even more and storm out slamming the door shut.

I'm convinced the hot sweaty weather combined with the confrontations to be seen in public life wherever you look these days are making us all less easy going.

Neil

Bob Mc18/07/2019 20:53:09
133 forum posts
26 photos

Andrew I hope you will reconsider, I can only class myself as an amateur/hobbyist and rely on experienced people as yourself to let us know how a professional tackles some of the problems.... as stated previously I find your input quite interesting and well presented... Its sometimes the case that people say things they don't really mean.

Anyway....best rgds for the future....Bob.

Chris Bradbury18/07/2019 21:16:41
16 forum posts

Hi Andrew I can't express how much I will miss your practical and sensible advice. As a newbie to model engineering I need experienced people like yourself and the other knowledgeable people to on here to keep me on the right track. I read the offensive comments that a few, from time to time, put on this site and like many others dismiss them out of hand. As others have said please return soon.

Chris.

Daniel18/07/2019 21:18:23
221 forum posts
39 photos
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 18/07/2019 20:51:02:

I've exchanged messages with Andrew.

It's better that someone takes a break leaving the door open, than they hang around to get wound up even more and storm out slamming the door shut.

I'm convinced the hot sweaty weather combined with the confrontations to be seen in public life wherever you look these days are making us all less easy going.

Neil

Thank's for letting us know that, Neil

Ian Welford18/07/2019 22:11:54
279 forum posts

I wish you well whatever you decide. Thanks for your input and for explaining things .

regards Ian

Martin King 218/07/2019 22:28:14
596 forum posts
214 photos

Andrew,

I must add myself to the list of members who are hoping you will reconsider.

I have always enjoyed your posts and learnt much from them.

Come back soon!

Regards, Martin

Mark Rand18/07/2019 23:41:47
729 forum posts

Well, bugger! I guess I ought to leave too. Looking around the shed, the only non (ex-) industrial machine in there is the ML7 that Dad told me was my 10th birthday present (odd how he played with my present more than me in the first few years) and even that's the long bed version with a gearbox.

I missed the deleted posts, but it's obvious, with the best will in the world, that folks making large scale models aren't going to be using Seig machines from Ketan or even Myfords or Boxfords. It's also obvious that some of us (well, me at least) like industrial machines, even if they arrive in the form of rusty basket cases and take years of work to return to the condition they left the factory in.

Yes, we're all jealous of the tools you've got and the progress you are making on the traction engines, and flying an aeroplane when not occupied in the shed as well!

Come back in, shake the snow off your coat, spit on the cat and call the rug a bastard...

not done it yet19/07/2019 08:08:53
3163 forum posts
11 photos

Mark, you make the point that these are all models - and Andrews just happen to be of somewhat larger scale than the, presumably ‘machine-challenged’ individual who was complaining.

I still think the wrong person is contemplating leaving the forum. Put them in the tea room with the 300 ton crankshaft!

Chris Evans 619/07/2019 08:42:36
1442 forum posts

I have been away on holiday so have missed all the posts over the last week. Andrew I respect your decision and will miss your input. I to use large machinery for my motorcycle work and being a retired toolmaker have some knowledge to pass on. Your leaving will be the forum's loss.

Gray19/07/2019 08:44:28
994 forum posts
8 photos

I appreciate that we all need to let off a bit of steam now and again but there is no excuse for making derogatory comments aimed directly at any one individual in an open forum.

Anyone guilty of this should their account locked and spend a month 'in the cooler' to re consider their actions.

I also use large ex industrial machinery, I would never get the big bits of a 6" traction engine on a Seig X3 (although I recon 3 X3's would fit comfortably on the table of my milling machine . Why do people think that hobby machining is restricted to small scale stuff!

Andrew, it's a shame you feel you need to make the decision you have, your contributions will be greatly missed, always interesting, informative and well written. All the best and don't be a stranger for too long.

Gray

Edited By Gray on 19/07/2019 08:52:50

Adrian 219/07/2019 09:31:11
68 forum posts
17 photos

Hello Andrew, I have not seen the post in question, I gather someone is upset because yours is bigger than theirs!

sad.

I too have always enjoyed reading your posts and will miss your contributions. You can see from the above responses that you will be very much missed, so please stay.

I hope you will.

Kind regards,

Adrian.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Advertise With Us
Meridienne Sept 2019
Ausee.com.au
TRANSWAVE Converters
ChesterUK
Warco
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest