Forum sponsored by Allendale July 23rd

Machinery movers?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Slatter19/05/2019 10:02:29
45 forum posts
7 photos

Hi all,

I'm considering adding a milling machine to the workshop, and while I moved my 12x36 lathe myself I'm not sure I want the hassle this time round. Can anyone recommend a company/individual? I'm based in Warwickshire.

I'd also appreciate hearing what the costs were for anyone out there that went this route... to give me a general idea?

Many thanks!

John Hinkley19/05/2019 10:12:19
749 forum posts
252 photos

Everybody will chime in and suggest Steve Cox on 07836 736496 or email landylift@aol.co.uk so I might as well, too. I used his services to move my VMC mill, 9x20 lathe, bandsaw and perfecto shaper on its stand from Leighton Buzzard to near Doncaster last year. Highly recommended and, if I remember correctly, he charged me £400, which I thought was very reasonable. Well pleased with all aspects of the move.

John

Edit: forgot the bandsaw!

Edited By John Hinkley on 19/05/2019 10:13:18

Mark Slatter19/05/2019 10:48:34
45 forum posts
7 photos

Hi John,

Many thanks for the reply. I have actually already been in touch with Steve, however he said he was unable to help. Due to work commitments he is focusing machinery removals in a 100mile radius around Huddersfield.

The £400 you were quoted sounds very reasonable for the number of machines and distance moved though.

Bikepete19/05/2019 12:02:54
221 forum posts
16 photos

A very similar query came up recently and some of the answers there might be useful - see

**LINK**

Mark Slatter19/05/2019 14:57:52
45 forum posts
7 photos

Thanks for the link to the other thread Bikepete, I've sent 1tonne an email hopefully they can assist.

Andrew Evans21/05/2019 11:36:58
253 forum posts
1 photos

Mark, did you get a reasonable quote in the end? Andy

Mark Slatter21/05/2019 12:08:03
45 forum posts
7 photos

Hi Andy, I didn't hear back from 1tonne services, and the mill I was hoping to grab has been sold so I left it at that.

On that note though if anyone knows of AEW Viceroy milling machine or Elliott Omnimill for sale (or Aciera/Deckel for that matter) I'd be interested to hear about it.

peak421/05/2019 12:16:49
814 forum posts
67 photos

Mark, annoying to miss an opportunity die to lack of transport.

For future reference, it might be worth contacting this chap via ebay. Search for "Lathe Transport"; he's based in your county.

I should say, I've never used him, as Steve Cox moved my last lathe for me.

Bill

Edited By peak4 on 21/05/2019 12:17:53

Mark Slatter21/05/2019 13:52:47
45 forum posts
7 photos

Hello Bill, many thanks for the link! Not only is he in my county but in my town too so that could be very convenient.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Meridienne oct 2019
TRANSWAVE Converters
Warco
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
Advertise With Us
Eccentric Engineering
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest