Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Oct 22nd

Myford ML10 lives again

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Springate12/04/2019 07:31:06
56 forum posts
121 photos

Well at long last it's finished and running again. I'm really pleased with it and have enjoyed the strip and clean up. I had a problem with the electrics but thanks to the help and advice from a forum member David (AKA Myford boy) I got it sorted. Thanks again David !

https://youtu.be/FpisXN4anGQ
Dave Springate12/04/2019 19:30:45
56 forum posts
121 photos
not done it yet12/04/2019 21:00:32
3368 forum posts
11 photos

You will only need the reverse for running off-load - unless you have some means of preventing the chuck from unscrewing!smiley

Mick B112/04/2019 22:52:14
1187 forum posts
66 photos
Posted by not done it yet on 12/04/2019 21:00:32:

You will only need the reverse for running off-load - unless you have some means of preventing the chuck from unscrewing!smiley

If the chuck's done up tight, you need quite considerable resistance to make it unscrew. I used to sand and polish wood quite heavily in reverse as well as forward on the Speed 10 I had, without ever having that happen. It's also sometimes easier to get a knife tool at an angle to the the far side of a workpiece and chamfer the face in reverse.

Probably not heavy screwcutting, though... laugh

Emgee12/04/2019 22:52:33
1191 forum posts
207 photos

Hi Dave, nice job you did there.
Couldn't see any remote Stop in case you get caught up in the chuck or belt, perhaps it's at knee height ?

Emgee

Barrie Lever12/04/2019 23:37:30
323 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by Dave Springate on 12/04/2019 07:31:06:

Well at long last it's finished and running again. I'm really pleased with it and have enjoyed the strip and clean up. I had a problem with the electrics but thanks to the help and advice from a forum member David (AKA Myford boy) I got it sorted. Thanks again David !

https://youtu.be/FpisXN4anGQ

Dave

That is a really nice restoration, that will do you some nice work.

Regards

Barrie

Dave Springate13/04/2019 09:54:08
56 forum posts
121 photos
Posted by Emgee on 12/04/2019 22:52:33:

Hi Dave, nice job you did there.
Couldn't see any remote Stop in case you get caught up in the chuck or belt, perhaps it's at knee height ?

Emgee

Hi Emgee, Yes a bit of an oversight on my part, I have no tooling for the lathe yet and would like a quick change toolpost so while I save some pennies for these items I have ordered an emergency stop button and will fix to the front of the bench before I start to use the Lathe.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Meridenne Boat 2019
ChesterUK
Warco
cowbells
Eccentric Engineering
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric July 5 2018
Ausee.com.au
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest