By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

Centec raising block

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Frank Gorse24/06/2019 10:13:23
40 forum posts

Just to confuse things a little further,my 2b is about 63.5” with the vertical head on. Haven’t got the raising block yet but that will increase it by about 3.5”(made from 4x4 aluminium). My cabinet base is the steel version so that may account for the difference. Being quite tall I’ve stood my machine on timber bearers to bring it up to a more comfortable working height.

Dave Halford24/06/2019 10:34:08
743 forum posts
6 photos

Brian.

A 2A bench top model will go anywhere that you can stand to use it, even with a block (if it comes with one)

If not a even 2A can make it's own short raising block.

Gary Wooding24/06/2019 10:44:06
696 forum posts
183 photos

I just remembered that my 2B with a MK3 VH is sitting on1" oak blocks with adjustable feet. I've just measured again. From the bottom of the cabinet (ie. the part that would be on the floor if I removed the feet and oak blocks) to the top of the VH, without the drawbar, is 63.5" (161.3cm). The drawbar sticks out 1.5" (3.9cm).

Brian H24/06/2019 22:16:59
1637 forum posts
108 photos

Once again, many thanks to Gary & Dave for taking the trouble to provide very useful info.

Brian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Allendale Electronics
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest