What lathe is this ? Grimshaw

What lathe is this? Grimshaw

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
George Jervis28/03/2019 14:03:35
63 forum posts
65 photos

Hi everyone

My neighbour has just found his great Grandad's lathe and would like to know if I can do it up /clean it up?

Would anyone know about these little lathes? The only name on it is GRIMSHAW and it's made of brass I've looked on the interweb but couldn't find much information so I'm putting it to the collective

I've put some pictures in my album as I'm not sure how to put them in the post here. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

George

Many

ega28/03/2019 15:01:17
1340 forum posts
109 photos

Could Grimshaw be the name of the owner?

roy entwistle28/03/2019 15:58:49
1065 forum posts

It looks like a set of clockmakers turns

Roy

3404628/03/2019 16:04:44
796 forum posts
6 photos

GRIMSHAW & BAXTER London; Precision Lathes - Antique Engineering Advert 1904

This may be worth persuing.

Photo of their clockmakers lathes in the adverts look similar

Bill

3404628/03/2019 16:20:03
796 forum posts
6 photos

Abebooks have an original catalogue at £85

May be the supplier as they refer to GRIMSHAWS being manufactures and importers.

130 pages, clear black and white illustrations throughout. Grimshaws were manufacturers and importers of Tools and Appliances for Watch and Clock Makers, Jewellers, Silversmiths, Opticians, Telegraph and Electricak Engineers and Instrument Makers, Etc. A very detailed catalogue for these tools, includingSwiss Wheel Cutting Machines for cutting flat, bevel and skew gears and several pages relating to Lorch's Precision, Pattern and Watchmaking Lathes with their many accessories. An uncommon catalogue. Cloth-backed boards, the original boards have been expertly remounted with new endpapers. Some loss to original boards before the relaying mainly at the front fore-edge; otherwise a very good copy. Size: 11 3/8" x 8 5/8". Bookseller Inventory # 003769

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
cowells
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
Tee London LMES 6th Dec
Warco
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest