Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Nov 29

Model Engineers - HOLSWORTHY

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
3404615/03/2019 09:18:30
289 forum posts
2 photos

Any members or activity in Holsworthy please ?

Thanks

Bill

Ron Laden15/03/2019 15:06:02
932 forum posts
136 photos
Posted by Bill Chugg on 15/03/2019 09:18:30:

Any members or activity in Holsworthy please ?

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

I dont know about Holsworthy, I am in Landkey just outside of Barnstaple. I know Barnstaple have a club and a few members as do Tiverton and Exeter. I think North Cornwall also have one but dont know where they are based.

I am hoping to join Tiverton as they have their own 5 inch track which is out in the sticks and very nice.

I would imagine there are model engineers in the Holsworthy/Launceston area but without a club I guess difficult to find them.

Ron

p.s. Bill I have just read that the North Cornwall club have a track on a farm, I think it is in the Bude area. They are a small group and have members from Cornwall and West Devon and welcome new members, thats as much as I know.

Edited By Ron Laden on 15/03/2019 15:13:36

3404617/03/2019 07:44:58
289 forum posts
2 photos

Hello Ron - thanks reply and suggestion which is appreciated.

North Cornwall I understand no longer have a site. 

The reason for asking is that with the move is the option of extra ground, four acres, and my thoughts had been that a decent track could have been a possibility ?

I had one PM reply from a member who did not want to reveal anything at the time so I am now thinking that Tiverton is the next best option - it will save a lot of work.

Bill

Ron - Apparently it was at Week St Mary.

Edited By Bill Chugg on 17/03/2019 08:01:12

Edited By Bill Chugg on 17/03/2019 08:11:39

Ron Laden17/03/2019 08:52:40
932 forum posts
136 photos

Hi Bill,

Thats a shame North Cornwall no longer having a site and track, Week St Mary would have been very handy for you.

You may have already had a look but Tiverton have a website, I have been to the track (5 inch) a couple of times and its very nice, lovely location out in the countryside, its not huge but big enough for a decent run.

Ron

p.s. Bill I forgot the Tiverton track is not just 5 inch its both 3.5 inch and 5 inch. Also Bill if you go to the website and select track there is a link to a video of a Jubilee running around the track, gives you some idea of the layout.

Edited By Ron Laden on 17/03/2019 08:57:07

Edited By Ron Laden on 17/03/2019 09:13:19

Edited By Ron Laden on 17/03/2019 09:16:39

3404617/03/2019 09:27:56
289 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Ron.

Found it - lovely location as you say, and only an hours drive away, so no point in persuing my thoughts on something local.

Bill

Ron - edited to say that perhaps the lack of response may be down to the fact that any local forum members belong to the Tiverton club?

Edited By Bill Chugg on 17/03/2019 09:45:07

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Ausee.com.au
Allendale Electronics
TRANSWAVE Converters
Sarik
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest