Forum sponsored by Allendale July 23rd

Ally Pally Exhibition advance tickets

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Lamb03/01/2019 13:46:06
114 forum posts
27 photos

DON'T BE CONNED LIKE I FEEL I WAS!

I have just ordered 3 tickets for the Ally Pally show and opened the top listing which said London Model Engineering Exhibition 2019 Alexandra Palace Tickets. This got me through to See Tickets where senior tickets were shown as £11.55 (£10.50) each.There was also a transaction fee of £1.50 per transaction.

STUPIDLY I assumed this was the cost which had gone up from last year and I paid but when the email with the tickets came for ME to print, the face value on the tickets was £10.50. This pi***d me off a lot and I then went back to see if another site had tickets available at the face value of the tickets.

The Meridienne site has the senior tickets at £10.50 each with no transaction fee if you print them yourself.

SO BE WARNED - use the Meridienne site if you want cheaper tickets (or should I say tickets at the correct price?). IT'S TOO LATE FOR AN IDIOT LIKE ME but this may well help others who are trying to buy advance tickets. I just hope these tickets actually work when I get there! Bob

Nicholas Farr03/01/2019 14:24:31
1946 forum posts
925 photos

Hi Bob, I always only go to Meridiene for this and the MMEX, accessed by the Tee Publishing ad on the right hand side of this page and it is by see tickets print at home at no extra charge.

Regards Nick.

AJW03/01/2019 14:44:39
272 forum posts
117 photos
I bought advance tickets last year and even without the transaction fee - they were dearer than on the door?!
Won't be doing that again.

Alan
Neil Wyatt03/01/2019 14:50:42
16449 forum posts
686 photos
74 articles

I'm afraid this is true of almost EVERYTHING which is ticketed these days.

Always go direct to the event organisers for the best deals.

You can get discounted tickets direct from meridienne, other sources may not be cheaper.

Neil

Bob Lamb03/01/2019 14:57:41
114 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Nick, That is exactly what I will be doing from now on. The reason for the post was to try and stop the same thing happening to others. It's not just the relatively small extra cost - it's the nasty feeling that I was stupid enough to be taken in and I wanted to spread the word to try and reduce the income of what I consider to be a company employing a suspect, if not immoral practice.

Alan, My tickets were dearer - I just hope they actually work at the door! ......I assume you got in OK.

Bob

JasonB03/01/2019 15:14:33
16057 forum posts
1690 photos
1 articles

Not sure how you managed that BOB

Going via meridian who are using See tickets as their ticket provider both show senior is 10.50 (10.50) with a zero fee for print your own.

If I go via google where Seetickets comes up as the first hit they are also shown as £10.50 (10.50) again with a zero fee for home printing

I paid £11.50 but that is the Adult rate as I'm not old enough for Senior.

Bob Lamb03/01/2019 15:55:32
114 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Jason,

I don't know how I managed it either- but I did! I took a screenshot to show you but I can't get it to either paste into an album or into the post so I can't show you.

I just tried again - I put in "alexandra palace model engineering exhibition 2019" The second entry that came up was "London Model Engineering Exhibition 2019 Alexandra Palace Tickets". This is still showing the prices I paid -hence the warning.

Incidentally, I would happily have paid £11.50 if I could only qualify for an Adult rather than a Senior! A quid for a few more years of youth sounds like good value to me! Bob

JasonB03/01/2019 16:04:54
16057 forum posts
1690 photos
1 articles

Found your one Bob, as you say more expensive and a fee for e-tickets, quite different to the see tickets one I linked to?

J Hancock03/01/2019 17:13:33
302 forum posts

This item needs to be read , 'top of the pile' for while !

Bazyle03/01/2019 18:46:09
4688 forum posts
186 photos

expensive one:

ally pally expensive.jpg

https://www.seetickets.com/event/london-model-engineering-exhibition-2019/alexandra-palace/1223898

Cheap one:

ally pally cheap.jpg

https://www.seetickets.com/event/london-model-engineering-exhibition/alexandra-palace-london/1223100

It looks like they added the lower cost page a bit later.

I think a word with trading standards is in order, factoring your and my time I think a couple of £hundred compensation will cover it.

V8Eng03/01/2019 19:02:16
1313 forum posts
27 photos

I used the buy tickets link via the advert on the right hand side of this page (alternates with TEE Publishing). Tickets at online prices no fee if print at home is selected.

Edited By V8Eng on 03/01/2019 19:27:24

Edited By V8Eng on 03/01/2019 19:29:00

daveb03/01/2019 19:08:15
606 forum posts
10 photos

The internet is a golden opportunity for thieves, there was (is?) an almost identical copy of the government road tax renewal site. They rip you off for checking and submitting your road tax application, an unnecessary service and one which is deliberately intended to defraud. A lot of care is needed when dealing on the internet, make sure that the site you connect to is the site you actually want, search engines are just as likely to direct you to the people you want to avoid.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
TRANSWAVE Converters
Meridienne oct 2019
Ausee.com.au
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
Advertise With Us
Eccentric Engineering
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest