By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Nov 29

Roundhead Colcester Student

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Vick02/01/2019 12:26:01
7 forum posts

Hi all, unfortunately looking to sell my late fathers roundhead Colcester Student 6-24 with all the associated tools, chucks and faceplates any ideas how to market this lathe?

Phil Whitley02/01/2019 18:39:30
716 forum posts
102 photos

Clean it! take photos of the lathe from several angles, take seperate grouped pics of the accesories and tooling, price is always based on condition and tooling, but about £1200 upwards today! Post some pics up here, you will have to create an album (on the black strip at page top) and upload your pics to it then put them in a post, quite a few student users on this and other home engineering forums. Where are you in the country?

Phil, another Mk1 Student owner

Andy Vick03/01/2019 11:49:22
7 forum posts
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the advice, the Lathe is in N Gloucestershire near to junction one M50.
Phil Whitley03/01/2019 15:21:04
716 forum posts
102 photos

Hi Andy, Sorry to hear about your dad. These are good sought after machines, and very reliable, good luck with selling it, you are well placed in the country too. if you need any help with ID of accesories, I am sure ppl on here, me included, will give you all the help we can

Phil

Andy Vick06/01/2019 12:34:28
7 forum posts
Thank all, any idea if the lathe can be disassembled to make moving easier should anyone be interested in it?

Thanks,
Andy
mal webber06/01/2019 13:02:27
41 forum posts
83 photos

HI Andy disassembled my student mk 1 1/2 into four parts and three guys can manage to move it without lifting gear [ depending guy's that's helping you ] head stock ,,bed,, table,,, and motor , not saying you can carry these for a distance but are movable,

Mal,

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
méridienne Nov 18
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
Sarik
Warco
Shapiro
TRANSWAVE Converters
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest