Forum sponsored by Allendale Jan 24th

CV to date

You will have to guess where I am, easy if you read post

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pete White09/12/2018 18:49:54
155 forum posts
16 photos

Whilst researching a simple electric shunter build for a planed garden railway.........for our grandsons........ I found the site. Lots of good info and knowledge gained here already. Thank you .

I have a reasonable workshop, put together over the last 50 years, Harrison L6, Horizontal only ES1, a very nice, old as me, Herbert 10, mig and Oxford stick welder, O.A. now longer on account.

Bought ST turner casting 35 years ago and sold them 10 years ago unstarted, at a good profit. Used to take M.E. for 20 years, stored untouched years under the stairs.

Got interest in all this with the first grandson now just under five by visits to our local line The Great Central, they nearly got me, might still do, to work on there fleet of Windcutter wagons............... also visited our local Club, at Ruddington, purely as a rider, with the family resently..........need to get involved there.

Recently, last 10 years, have spent time building a home brewery and kit, got quite good at it, if I may say, ...............got even better at drinking it............ lol

Anyway, look forward to joining in on the forum, as I used to say on the beer forum, it is a forum not a reading room. lol

Pete

David George 110/12/2018 07:05:53
1720 forum posts
500 photos

Hi Pete welcome to the forum. I think with your knowlege you can help as well as gain information there are quite a few members like me in Notts.

David

Ady110/12/2018 10:01:47
4910 forum posts
726 photos

I don't think ME have done a build-your-own-brewery article yet

not done it yet10/12/2018 10:08:45
6519 forum posts
20 photos

‘Pete’ from the brewuk forum?

I’ve visited one of the museums in Ruddington a few times - but nowt to do with railways.

Neil Wyatt10/12/2018 13:33:27
18899 forum posts
734 photos
80 articles

Welcome Pete,

I'm sure we have no shortage of experienced drinkers...

Neil

Pete White11/12/2018 08:59:41
155 forum posts
16 photos

Thanks All.

I am a county further down, where they still hunt foxes,.............still do that everywhere don't they??

Good fun building the brewing kit, moved up to a half barrel job, 100 litres actually, proper beer for 25p a pint............I good to good at drinking it though, not big or clever

That Pete was not me, I was a Homebrew Forum resident.

Working on Christmas presents at the moment, making sawdust is my other hobby. then its a start on an electric loco...................

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowells
Warco
rapid Direct
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
JD Metals
MIDLNDS GARDEN RAIL Jan 2022
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest