Forum sponsored by Allendale May 23

z axis arduino

arduino not loading program

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
peter ravenscroft02/12/2018 13:38:16
83 forum posts
3 photos

hi has anyone tried to up load the program (sketch ) for the z drive in mew no 275 as i can not get it to load keeps coming up with error all the time

regards

peter

John Rudd02/12/2018 13:50:20
1364 forum posts
58 photos

Peter,

What errors are you getting? Can you post a screen dump of them? I havent got the issue or the code so cant say immediately..

What flavour of board are you using, Uno, Nano, 2560...... Any com port errors?

Edited By John Rudd on 02/12/2018 13:51:30

peter ravenscroft02/12/2018 14:02:17
83 forum posts
3 photos

hello

the error i get is

exit status 1

error compiling for board arduino/ genino uno

it will load the the script with hello- world so know it is comunicating with the board and loading i think there is an error in the program

regards

pter

SillyOldDuffer02/12/2018 14:25:28
4136 forum posts
833 photos

Hi Peter,

The error messages are probably hidden because the pane at the bottom of the IDE screen is minimised. You can see more by dragging it. Find the upper boundary with your mouse (cursor changes to a down arrow and line) , then click hold on it and drag upwards.

However, easier way to share. There's a button two thirds of the way down on the right marked 'Copy Error Messages'. After clicking on that you can paste (ctrl-v) whatever it catches into a forum reply and we can look at the gory details in full.

Dave

Neil Wyatt02/12/2018 14:27:10
15831 forum posts
672 photos
73 articles

The original project that Chris got the code from is here on Martin Raynsford's website:

msraynsford.blogspot.com/2014/03/z-axis-controller-replacement.html

And here's a link from that page to the source code:

drive.google.com/file/d/0ByhmPLslpgYKblJjVDdmNzNOemc/edit

Neil

SillyOldDuffer02/12/2018 15:16:06
4136 forum posts
833 photos

Just compiled the original code successfully for a Uno with Arduino 1.8.5. There's a warning about comparing signed and unsigned integers otherwise completely clean. The Warning probably doesn't matter.

I see the sketch uses the TimerOne-R11 library which may not be installed on Peter's machine yet. In the Sketch tab, look for it in the Include Library dropdown list. If it's not there go to the top of the same list and select 'library manager'. This opens a search facility that finds, downloads, and installs libraries for you with a few clicks.

Dave

Chuck Pickering02/12/2018 15:29:40
36 forum posts
2 photos

I agree with Dave. I also just loaded the sketch to an Uno and uploaded with no errors. But, I have the TimerOne-R11 library installed...

peter ravenscroft02/12/2018 16:14:59
83 forum posts
3 photos

thanks to all who replied

the reason it would not load was the timerone was not installed i have installed it and loaded it ok

thanks again Dave for comming to my rescue

John Rudd02/12/2018 16:54:32
1364 forum posts
58 photos

Yup, the first line of code is a major clue...timerone-r11 library

More often than not if there are non-included libraries used, will give rise to an error....if they are not present in the ide. Ask me how I know..,lol.. surprise

Good to hear you are sorted..

Edited By John Rudd on 02/12/2018 16:54:57

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
TRANSWAVE Converters
emcomachinetools
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest