Hemp Oil

Benefits and the Differences to CBD oil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
oldvelo22/11/2018 23:16:42
155 forum posts
43 photos

Hi all

Rather than hijack Rick Charity's post here goes my views.

My good Lady Wife suffers form chronic athritis in both hips and has finding great relief from pain and is more mobile after taking Hemp Oil.

This has extremely low amount of CBD's with no halucenogenic effects or withdrawal symptons.

We are constantly questioned by friends who do not know the differences between Hemp and Cannabis. They are not alone even Richard Nixon the president of the USA did not know the differences.

**LINK**

Hoping to inform and educate from this post and not offend. Sure the Interweb is loaded with loads of opinions true and totally biased on this subject

Russell Eberhardt23/11/2018 10:21:08
2465 forum posts
83 photos
Posted by Mick Charity on 23/11/2018 03:23:11:Now in its 12th edition the book contains a challenge to anyone who can disprove any fact contained within it for a prize of $100 000, which is as yet unclaimed.

Who will independently judge the validity of the proof?

Russell

Benjamin Day23/11/2018 11:47:25
49 forum posts
Sorry...hemp IS cannabis,they are all part of the Cannabaceae family (Like onions and garlic all being different but still all types of allium)
Cannabis used for narcotics are chosen for their higher potential to produce THC and are cross bred to increase this trait further...resulting in unnaturally high levels of THC. Hemp has been developed in the same way, just with an effort to reduce the amount of THC, and increase the growth rate and internodal length for longer fibres.
I don't believe its "evil" in anyway in any form.
Neil Wyatt23/11/2018 12:44:21
16277 forum posts
679 photos
74 articles
Posted by Mick Charity on 23/11/2018 03:23:11:

If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is -- the same one that did it all before -- Cannabis Hemp... Marijuana!

Now in its 12th edition the book contains a challenge to anyone who can disprove any fact contained within it for a prize of $100 000, which is as yet unclaimed.

Strange, as I suspect there are several other crops that could meet that claim (such as the rare crop known as 'trees' - and yes, properly managed forests are the best cure for deforestation). I strongly suspect the enthusiasm for all the 'miracle properties' of hemp is a trojan horse and irrelevant to very valid arguments about its medicinal properties.

Incidentally, Henry VIII may have required the growing of hemp to produce ropes and fibres, but he subsequently had to introduce one of the first anti-pollution laws to control the unpleasant consequences of hemp processing so it is hardly 'pollution free'.

But I don't want this forum to home a debate on the pros and cons of what still remains a controlled drug in the UK; the medicinal properties of CBD are different.

Neil

SillyOldDuffer23/11/2018 12:47:27
4536 forum posts
971 photos

Posted by Mick Charity on 23/11/2018 03:23:11:

If you are of the opinion that Cannabis is purely an evil narcotic intoxicant & its widespread use will lead to the downfall of society as we know it then you are very very much mistaken.

Although I don't think Cannabis is pure evil, there is surely cause for concern? If a mind-altering chemical is available, some people will abuse it. Perhaps a lot of people. We already have two legal drugs and both have seriously bad side-effects:

• Alcohol - Causes everything from accidents to Delirium Tremens and Pancreatic Cancer. Addictive and a common cause of broken families and street violence.
  • Tobacco - Nicotine is wonderful, it reduces anxiety and improves concentration. It's also almost impossible to give up (more addictive than Heroin!), poisonous, and causes severe heart-lung issues, including cancer, emphysema and other unpleasant ways to die.

If the negatives of drug taking only effected individuals, I wouldn't mind much. But alcoholics and drunks are a menace to us all, while smokers waste family money and then emotionally torture their loved ones by becoming seriously ill.

So I'm not keen to add a third source of trouble.

I may be a bit biased. Near where I worked in the 70's a toddler died after slipping upstairs and drinking the lodgers Methadone. Mum and dad had mellowed out with a joint and weren't paying attention...

Even though it can and does cause psychosis I don't believe Cannabis in it's original form to be particularly harmful. Not so Skunk and other high-yield varieties which are in a different league.

Legalising safer varieties would solve a lot of problems though and I think medical prescription of Cannabis components that don't cause a high should certainly be allowed. If some magic could be performed, I would willingly make Cannabis legal in exchange for a total ban on Alcohol and Tobacco. As it is, we're stuck with them.

And if Cannabis makes you feel better (it does), you really ought to try Crack Cocaine. It's truly fantastic!

devil

Dave

PS When making deals with the devil don't forget to read the small print.

Edited By SillyOldDuffer on 23/11/2018 12:48:01

Neil Wyatt23/11/2018 13:27:23
16277 forum posts
679 photos
74 articles

I'll lock this thread; this isn't the right forum to debate drug laws.

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Advertise With Us
Ausee.com.au
Meridienne Sept 2019
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest