Forum sponsored by Allendale July 23rd

3D printed Executive Toy Clock

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Wyatt29/10/2018 16:59:02
16277 forum posts
679 photos
74 articles

I can't take credit for designing this, I got it off Thingiverse.

I had to make a few tweaks as the gear meshing wasn't sufficient causing it to 'run away'. The main gear needed to be taken from 66 to 68mm diameter and I had to move the 'arc' gear to get better mesh.

The anchor escapement needed tidying up with a scalpel, just scraping off any raised bits.

Black PLA wasn't the best choice for the video.

The files are here:
TIC-TOC of the Clock by tristoune, Published on September 25, 2018 www.thingiverse.com/thing:3117887

XD 35129/10/2018 21:55:07
1296 forum posts
111 photos

I will have to take a look at that ! I will have to send a search party into the spare room to find my printer first! It is in there somewhere buried under a pile of other projects !

Edited By XD 351 on 29/10/2018 21:55:30

Neil Wyatt30/10/2018 09:10:02
16277 forum posts
679 photos
74 articles

As a 'clock' I would class it with the 'dog that walks on its hind legs' - it isn't pretty but you marvel that it does it at all

SillyOldDuffer30/10/2018 12:37:42
4536 forum posts
971 photos
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 30/10/2018 09:10:02:

As a 'clock' I would class it with the 'dog that walks on its hind legs' - it isn't pretty but you marvel that it does it at all

Political Incorrectness gone mad. I protest Neil's latest subversive outrage!

The full quote is: "Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."

Johnson also said: "The noblest prospect which a Scotchman ever sees, is the high road that leads him to England!"

And specially for forum posters like myself: “Read over your compositions, and wherever you meet with a passage which you think is particularly fine, strike it out.”

Oh dear...

smiley

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Advertise With Us
Ausee.com.au
Meridienne Sept 2019
ChesterUK
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
TRANSWAVE Converters
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest