Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale

Denham junior Manual

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Donald Blakley11/10/2018 12:34:07
4 forum posts

Hi I'm new here.

Last night a Denham junior lathe fell into my lap. Its many years since I have owned or used a lathe and I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where to get a manual for it.

I used to have a beautiful Smart and Brown but had to part with it due to space issues. I have been toying with getting a small lathe again for some time and a chance conversion led to me driving 90 miles to collect a Denham junior mk2 that was going to be picked up by the scrap man today in exchange for some beer tokens.

It looks fairly good but very dirty. Possibly missing some change gears and the gap piece for the bed. Still taking stock.

Meunier11/10/2018 19:56:47
154 forum posts

Hello and welcome Donald,
lathes.co.uk has a write-up on the Denham Junior Mk2 here **LINK**
and lists machine tool manuals although that function wasn't working just now so can't tell if the Denham is included.
DaveD

Rockingdodge11/10/2018 20:38:14
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi Donald, welcome to the forum and the Denham Junior gang There are a few of us here although I think we keep it a bit quiet smiley

I've nearly finished restoring mine, just have a qctp to complete and install a 1.2kw 3 phase motor and vfd

I think I have a pdf copy of the manual if you pm me your email address.

Regards

Roger

Neil Wyatt11/10/2018 21:49:12
14424 forum posts
611 photos
70 articles

Welcome to the forum Donald.

Good job it wasn't a DS&G that fell on you, we might have had to send an ambulance round

Neil

Donald Blakley12/10/2018 10:16:37
4 forum posts

Thanks for your replies guys. Forgot to thank you all in advance yesterday because I was so excited.

Reassembly is commencing today after I get it up a flight of stairs. An ambulance may yet be required.

Rockingdodge12/10/2018 16:41:17
43 forum posts
9 photos

Ha ha been there done that.... would offer but it's my back you know, think it was getting my lathe up a flight of steps!!! laugh

Donald Blakley12/10/2018 19:19:41
4 forum posts

Job done I'm uninjured but one of my assistants may never have children after getting battered in the plums with a 3x3 wooden post as the lathe slipped off it! Funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Donald Blakley13/10/2018 15:38:16
4 forum posts
I was in about the head gear today. The low speed pinion on the intermediate shaft if fairly buggered due to people trying to put it in gear when running. Do people break lathes?
Neil Wyatt13/10/2018 16:46:40
14424 forum posts
611 photos
70 articles
Posted by Donald Blakley on 13/10/2018 15:38:16:
Do people break lathes?

This forum would be much less active if they didn't...

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
Expo Tools July 14
Meridienne Sept 5
Eccentric Engineering
Shapiro
SPG Tools October Seventeen
Warco
Sarik
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
Allendale Electronics
TRANSWAVE Converters
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest