By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale Nov 29

What's Happened to My Profile and Details.

Keeps changing back to original.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
The Oily Rag07/10/2018 16:57:36
48 forum posts

Can anyone explain why after being away just 10days my profile and personal details have been changed back to what they were before 16th August 2018?

I have received my last ME at the correct address but this site now shows my subscription number at the old address.

The status that I set when the changes were made has been removed (and which had shown for a number of weeks). Please advise.

This sort of thing is extremely disappointing.

regards

Ian

Neil Wyatt07/10/2018 17:40:33
15681 forum posts
659 photos
73 articles

Hello Ian,

I have no idea. The profile can only be changed by you or a moderator as far as I know.

I suppose something could have happened to cause your profile to revert to its backup; these details are not used for deliveries etc. only for verifying access to digital archive and subscriber only content.

Is it possible that you changed your details on the subscriptions site and not on your profile? They are not linked.

Finally, I think statuses disappear when a cookie expires, but I'm not sure about that.

Neil

The Oily Rag08/10/2018 09:23:49
48 forum posts

OK Thanks Neil I will try again. I spoke on the telephone with the office to change our address when we moved but changed my profile on here via the Settings menu.

No problems will re-enter.

regards

Ian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Warco
Ausee.com.au
emcomachinetools
TRANSWAVE Converters
Allendale Electronics
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest