Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Allendale May 23

Homeworkshop login problem

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cornish Jack11/09/2018 18:27:41
879 forum posts
111 photos

I have tried several times, over the last ten days or so, to login on www.homeworkshop. All attempts fail with incorrect username/password. When I ask for a new P/W, the username is recognised and the response says an email will be sent to my address but nothing happens! Has anyone else had problems or can anyone offer a way to contact them? An email to their admin also failed!!

TIA

rgds

Bill

Old Elan11/09/2018 18:52:37
84 forum posts
25 photos

https://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/

Works OK for me....

Edited By Old Elan on 11/09/2018 18:55:15

Michael Gilligan11/09/2018 19:02:34
12936 forum posts
555 photos
Posted by Old Elan on 11/09/2018 18:52:37:

https://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/

Works OK for me....

It appears that Bill is trying to log-in, as opposed to just viewing

MichaelG.

alan lloyd 311/09/2018 19:34:25
150 forum posts

Just tried it, needs e-mail not user name and password in lower case, took me 3 tries, good luck, Alan

Ketan Swali11/09/2018 19:54:27
1082 forum posts
87 photos

Just sent a message to Adam Stevenson - admin... with link to this thread.

Ketan

Cornish Jack11/09/2018 22:56:07
879 forum posts
111 photos

Alan LLoyd3 and, (particularly), Ketan, thank you very much. I'll keep trying, especially Alan's suggestion.

rgds

Bill

Adam Stevenson12/09/2018 11:05:08
17 forum posts

Hi Bill, you can use both your user name or email address and passwords are case sentive and should include numbers and/or symbols. The server still has issues with BT or Yahoo email address getting blocked because they think we are spamming but i gave up trying to explain it to them. Also it could be that your account has been removed as every 3 or so months I clear out all the old accounts that have not loged in for the last year. Also when registering for a new account it requires a modarator to approve it.

If you are still having issue please let me know and I'll have a word with the hamsters(server).

Ian McVickers20/04/2019 09:13:59
105 forum posts
61 photos

Tried to log in this morning and it doesn't accept my user name, email or password. Tried to re-register and it says my email doesn't accept incoming mail.

Adam Stevenson21/04/2019 03:16:32
17 forum posts

hi Ian, unfortunately some of the email providers block our emails because apparently we are an advertiser that has not decided to sign up, i.e. pay for, their advertising partnership programme or provided an unsubscribe option.

the only suggestion I can make is to add the domain homeworkshop.org.uk and homeworkshop.club your white list, safe senders, approved senders or whatever else your email provider decides to call the white list. Failing that I suggest getting an email address on google.com and adding them to your safe senders list.

You can use a username or email address and password which can be a combination of uppercase and lowercase numerals or symbols and are case-sensitive and for some reason does not recognise O as 0 or vice versa also knows the difference between capital i anda lowercase L.

Alistair Robertson 124/04/2019 09:37:46
38 forum posts
6 photos

Hi, Adam.

I am trying to register with Homeworkshop as I have a few bits and pieces to offer for sale or free.

The registration process comes to a halt with the message "This email address does not accept incoming emails, Required for registration"

I have four separate Email addresses including my University work address but it will not accept any of them.

If new users cannot register then things will come to a halt and a valuable resource will be lost.

Rik Shaw24/04/2019 10:20:32
1253 forum posts
345 photos

I gave up trying to register with Home Workshop a long time ago as it will not accept either of my two BT email addresses or my gmail email address. So sad.

Rik

Adam Stevenson25/04/2019 01:59:59
17 forum posts

You do not need an account to make an advert, the main reason for an account was the forums which have been deactivated ages ago. All adverts are moderated to stop spam or rules breakers.

Adam Stevenson25/04/2019 14:18:37
17 forum posts

Right we have found a work around for the email servers that don't like to tell us that an email is valid or not. We just send it anyway and if the email is not verified by Monday morning it gets deleted. Our server is fast at sending emails so you should get an email within 5 minutes, if not check your junk folder.

magpie25/04/2019 15:03:32
375 forum posts
73 photos

I had the same problem as Cornish Jack and I now know why the site didn't recognise my user name or password. I gave up trying when I read that the forums had been removed, but I was still permitted to advertise.

Edited bit. I have been out of action on all the forums for quite a while due to a long illness, but it's good to be back.

Edited By magpie on 25/04/2019 15:05:16

Rik Shaw25/04/2019 17:37:32
1253 forum posts
345 photos

Good work Adam. Your server has now accepted my email address and hopefully my registration will  be successful - thank you.

Rik

Edited By Rik Shaw on 25/04/2019 17:38:16

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
TRANSWAVE Converters
emcomachinetools
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest